Chapter 13: Who Tagged You Along?

"Okay, see you later, Alex," Dylan said as he kissed my forehead. He caught up with Aaron, Sam, and Bruce and disappeared around the corner. I gather my stuff and locked my locker. 

"See you later, Vic," I say as we part ways.

"Don't fall asleep during class," she calls out as she enters her classroom. I roll my eyes and enter mine. I walk over to my spot and sit down.

"Hey, cutie," a voice says beside me. I turn and see Derek.

"Uh...hey," I say. Then we grew silent for a moment.

"Are you alright? You seem kind of off today," he remarks curiously.

"I'm fine. Just replaying the events that happened yesterday in my head," I sigh. Derek just nods and class starts. I didn't really pay attention to what was being taught. I dozed off in the middle of the lecture and was jerked into reality by Derek calling my name.

"Huh? What?" I say surprised. I turn to see Derek pointing to the teacher.

The teacher clears her throat and asks, "Were you asleep, Miss Smith?"

My eyes widen. "N-no. I w-was not." I stutter as a blush rose to my cheeks.

"Well then. Answer my question," she orders. Oh, shit.

I freeze completely as people stared at me. Some snickered and some whispered to their friends. I had no idea what to do so I didn't say anything. I was getting ready to bolt out of the room and run away crying when someone spoke up. "The answer to your question, Miss Taylor, is the year 1786."

I turn to see Derek with his hand raised as he answered the question. He turns to me and gives me a small smile.

"Thank you, Mr. Johns. Alexandra, I expect you to pay full attention during class so this will never happen again. Understood?" Miss Taylor says, eyebrows raised.

"Y-yes, ma'am," I say as I look down in embarrassment. When she began teaching again, I turn to face Derek only to see him slighty smiling at me. 

@@@

Derek's POV        

"Dude, there's your babe," Gabe says smirking at me. I follow his finger and spot Alex and Victoria entering the cafeteria. I smirk as they entered.

After we got our food, we look at each other. "Hey, I have an idea, just follow my lead," I say as I walked over to the table where Alex and Victoria were. The three of us smirked at each other and turned to them. "Excuse me, ladies. May we sit here?" I ask politely holding in a smile.

The girls' gaze traveled to us. "W-what?" Alex asks looking rather surprised.

"I said, may we si-" I was cut off by Victoria.

"We heard you. What she meant was-"

Francis rolls his eyes and says, "We knew what she meant." Gabe and I snicker.

"What do you want?" both of the girls ask at the same time.

"Please don't do that. That's just creepy," Gabe says shaking his head.

"Anyway..." I began, "Can we sit with you guys?"

"I don't know. Can you?" Alex asks.

"Whoa. No need to be sassy, Little Sassy McSassy Pants," I say teasingly.

Alex giggles, "Little Sassy McSassy Pants? Pfft wow."

I just shrug and take a seat next to her as Francis took a seat on the other side of Alex and Gabe next to Victoria. "H-hey!" Alex says.