Chapter 21 | Best Friends or More? |

Start from the beginning

Please remember...

Kyoya was taller so to reach his lips, I had to step onto my toes. His lips met mine and warmth enveloped me into a strange ecstasy world. I could tell Kyoya was shocked even though my eyes were closed. Pretty soon, I felt his stiffness wear off and he reacted by pressing his lips onto mine.

This was my first kiss so I was still a beginner on what to do. It's weird, I know, but I can't help but feel embarrassment. Red seeps through my cheeks and onto the tips of my ears. I shut my eyes tight so I couldn't see his reaction.

All I could do was hope that this something... Could spark up any memories from his mind.

After a couple of seconds, I gasped for air. Turning away from him, I touched my lips that still lingered from the kiss with my index finger. Feeling a grasp on my wrist, my body was pulled and into two opening arms.

His chest was still heaving. His heartbeat, faster than usual. I sucked up the courage and looked up. Kyoya's face was emotionless but pink was laced on the outside of his cheeks.

"D-Do you remember, now?" I mutter, avoiding his eyes.

No response. I knew it.. He didn't. He didn't. He didn't..

Couldn't helping myself, I sobbed. Screaming inside and thrashing. Why didn't it work? I thought... I thought...

"Best friends and rivals.. F-Forever," a whisper tugs me back to reality.

I clutched onto his t shirt and held him closer to me. I-It worked! I succeeded; he remembered...

Feeling two heavy arms around my waist, a chuckle was heard from above.

"You're late for your flight.."

I smile softly, my eyelids still closed.

"Do I care? Cause if my calculations are correct, you'll provide me with a private jet anyway.."

A hand caressed my pink and blonde hair.

"You know me too well."

"I am like yourself.." I whisper, fiddling with my fingers.

"And you finally admit," he chuckles once again with humour laced in his voice.

"Yep. Maybe that's why I'm your nakama."

"I was thinking girl friend but alright, if you want, nakamas it is."

I snap my head up to meet his smirking face.

"G-Girl friend? As in boy friend and girl friend or a friend that's a girl?" I stutter, mistakingly.

"For a girl who's accepted to Oxford, you're sure not very intelligent to figure this small puzzle out," he jokes, holding my hand with the charm bracelet inside.

"W-What puzzle?" I ask, afraid of what's going to happen.

"How about I name the symptoms first?"

I nod slowly, gulping.

"You're strange, I can't seem to figure you out like any other person yet somehow, we get each other."

The edges of my lips tug up into a lopsided smile.

"My hands get clammy whenever you're around, which never happens to me."

I was still pretty scared on what he was trying to prove..

"I get rid of you but I can always see your smile in my mind."

Red crawls onto my cheeks as I look down at the cold floor.

"The hardest symptom to avoid is that, I get butterflies around you, Hitaru," his voice whispers into my ear.

Shivering, I match all of the sentences he had said. When the obvious came to me, I clasped both of my hands and shuffled my feet.

A finger lifts my chin up to meet his mischievous eyes.

"Have you figured it out yet?"

I nod, swallowing the remaining saliva that lingered on my tongue.

"Smart girl," he smirks.

Eyes closed, he presses his lips onto mine once again. Hand on my waist and another clutching my hair, I blink. Was this happening? Did he really meant what I thought?

Pulling back, Kyoya's half lidded eyes sparkle with success.

"I love you, Hitaru Elise. My rival, and nakama," he wraps his arms around and hugs me tight.

Dry throat, I'm not able to speak. My mind was going crazy and images flashed into my head.

Love, love, love.

He loves me.

Oh my Mavis, the shadow king loves me. Me, the used to be sensational singer. The nerd or otherwise as the honour student.

"Your flight's waiting, Hitaru."

A cross armed Kyoya was still smirking, but this time, he had pink blush on his face. How could the shadow king blush? Oh my Mavis, that's adorable... >\\\\<

Without a word, I nod and turn around. But knowing that I couldn't leave without saying anything, I half rotate my head and grin.

"Y-You'll wait?"

Kyoya's smirk dissolves into a grin.

"Of course, I'll wait. Just don't forget," he teases me again.

"Oh please," I roll my eyes with fake annoyance.

I was so glad he understood. I'm such a coward and he knew. He knew I loved him, probably right from the start. But he wanted to save me from the embarrassment... And I was glad.

I took a couple of steps away from him. And just before entering with my blushing sister, who saw everything, I turned to face Kyoya, who was at least 8 metres away from me.

Raising my hand, the charm bracelet shines in the sun. Then, swaying my hand, I wave. Kyoya realizes and holds his hand up and waves back too. This time, I could see his black and golden ring, glowing in the sun rays.

"So you're finally together? No more hidden memories?" Amelia asks, grinning.

I laugh, taking out the plane tickets. Heading inside the entry gate, I stare at the boy with black obsidian hair, hazel eyes, serious complex, caring heart inside, devil like smirk, reflecting glasses, rival, and childhood best friend.

"Yep Amelia, no more hidden memories..." I sigh, looking up at the jewelled sky with pastel sky blue colour and fluffy clouds.

Clutching the scrapbook Amelia handed me and the bunny Honey-senpai gave me, I feel like a flower that had just bloomed.

Then Amelia and I enter, into a new life. Making new memories, we surely won't forget...

===========

The end! ♡ Oh my Mavis, it took me about four months to finish this book! I wanted to thank each and every one of my readers for being so supportive with your funny and encouraging comments!

To @creamducks because she's totally my bæ and I think she deserves more followers and friends! Also, in a couple of days, it's her birthday do please do both of us a favour and read her OHSHC books! It's amazing ;-;

To @Jaeiin because it was her OHSHC Kyoya book Sushi and Pockysticks that made me inspired to write this story. I love each and every one of her books and they give me such courage to write my own to the very end! Gomapsepnida ♡

To @Nameless_Tea because she's my bestie here on Wattpad. The first to accept who I am and I am so grateful! Thank chu, Arigatou, and gomapsepnida, love! ;-; And of course because she's such an awesome writer! I mean, Corrupted Desire, amazing ;;-;;

Thank chu everyone! I hope to meet you all again when I publish my new book next Spring 2015!