Chapter 21 | Best Friends or More? |

==========| Hitaru |

"Let me go, Kyoya," I hiss, struggling from his grasp.

"Listen to me, Hitaru," he scowls, using both of his hands to keep me still.

"NO! I'm late and I have to catch my plane," I yell, finally escaping from one of his grasps.

Kyoya suddenly turns me around to face him. I gasp at the sight of his strict seriousness. His obsidian eyes were steely cool but somehow, I could find hints of desperation and hope.

"You forgot something," he states, holding my wrist above my head.

"W-What?" I spit out, flustered by this close space between us.

In his other hand, Kyoya unclasps his fist and reveals... My charm bracelet, jiggling in the sunlight. He found it?! Shit.. But does that mean....

"Let's race each other?"

Unable to keep my gasp in, tears swarm in my eyes. H-He, does he?

"Y-You remember?" I stutter, my body stiff and frozen.

The edges of his lips tug up as Kyoya's glasses fall slightly off from the bridge of his nose. Nodding, he lets go of my wrist and shoves his hand into his pocket. When the hand came out, there sat a black ring. Writing was engraved with golden initials.

Best friends.

It was official, tears were now falling down my face. Without able to control myself, I hugged him. Gripping the bracelet hard enough leave marks on my hand, I sobbed with happiness and relief into Kyoya's t shirt.

"Do you remember what we promised?" I ask through the sobs from my lips.

Kyoya opens his mouth but then a slight confusion covers his expression. I slowly lower my hands and take two steps back. He says he remembers everything... Then how does he not remember the most important thing from the past? Those 5 words... So does that mean, he's lying?

"I-I..." he starts.

Coldness breezes my chest as a stab of pain choruses through my veins.

"Y-You don't remember, do you? You probably have some sick way of researching other people.. You never thought once, did you?!" I scream, enough to catch other people's attentions.

Kyoya reaches out for me but I tug my shoulder away from him.

"I do remember.. And I want to,"

I open my mouth to cut him off when he placed a hand over my lips.

"Listen. I can't remember everything at once. The bracelet held some memories. If there are other objects that can prick something from my mind, I'd be glad to remember.. I want to know Hitaru.. I want to know what you mean to me," he finishes, sighing.

My eyes turned soft. Kyoya's hair was a mess. Sweat was dripping down from his forehead and I saw exhaustion in his eyes. Pulling his hand away from my mouth, I searched him for any more feelings.

"Just kiss him. True love's kiss.. Igneel told me of it. If you want him to remember, kiss him.."

Natsu's words?

Kiss.. I took a small short breath and walked closer to the tired boy in front of me. The past is now. I had to do this. If he remembers, then everything would be okay, right? I held Kyoya's hand and intwined his fingers with mine. His hazel eyes glanced at me with slight surprise. The glasses were falling off his nose but it seemed oblivious to him.