Chapter 2: Operation Shatterpoint

A month later...

(Y/N) entered the bridge of Calvary, A Munificent-Class Frigate under his command. The young Sith Lord had now been a veteran of a few skirmishes in the past, involving a few brush in with the Outer Rim fleets of the Galactic Republic mainly supporting other higher-ups such as General Grievous, Super Tactical Droid Kalani and Admiral Trench. But now was the opportunity for one of (Y/N)'s first major battles...

(Y/N): "Vindicator, I have heard that we received a request from General Grievous for contact is that right?"

The Super Tactical Droid turned to face his superior, his orange photoreceptors stared into (Y/N)'s eyes with an empty intent. The sentient droid nodded it's mechanical head.

Vindicator: "Affirmative, Commander (S/N). Should I connect us."

(Y/N) nods, he awaits Vindicator to relay the order to the droids surrounding him commanding the bridge.

General Grievous pops up in a holographic image. He turns to face the young Sith Lord as he keeps his hands behind his back.

Grievous: "Ahh yes, the favourite... Commander (S/N)."

(Y/N) smiles, approaching the hologram.

(Y/N): "General Grievous, it's a pleasure to meet you again."

The cyborg General flings off his cape.

Grievous: "Spare me the pleasantries! You know what I'm here for! This is business."

Grievous points.

(Y/N): "Please elaborate... General."

He scowls, but continued to speak.

Grievous: "As you know, Task Force J had the assignment of bombarding the Republic stronghold over their industrial worlds."

(Y/N): "An assignment tasked to you General! What does his have to do with me?"

(Y/N) responded.

Grievous: "The Republic had them caught off guard, the fleet has been circling the planet in an attempt to evade the Star Destroyers, but I fear we will lose an entire Task Force."

(Y/N): "That is your problem Grievous, (S/N) out."

Grievous: "DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SEVER THE COMMUNICATION!"

(Y/N): "I could kill you from across the Galaxy should I decide it fit!"

Grievous ignited one of his lightsabers, (Y/N) was quick with his as well. They both stood silent with Vindicator standing just right behind the Sith.

Grievous: "(S/N), this plan will only work should we both co-operate as a team."

(Y/N) let out a hearty sigh, letting his crimson blade fall back into the hilt. Grievous did the same.

(Y/N): "What's the plan then, General?"

Grievous: "My master, Count Dooku has discovered a new hyperspace route, that is secured by a Republic mining facility used to collect raw Coaxium in addition to an outpost on another nearby planet.

(Y/N) tilted his head.

(Y/N): "Superfuel... Interesting."

This perked his interests.

Grievous: "Should we combine our forces and surprise attack the Republic Cruisers guarding the facility, while your division attacks the ground troops. We can gain a solid supply to fuel our deep core fleets for the next six weeks, save Task Force J from annihilation and cut another of the Republic's lifelines."

(Y/N): "Where are you right now Grievous?"

The young Sith Lord asked.

Grievous: "A portion of my fleet is currently prepared for hyperspace as we speak in sector 8 of the Outer Rim. What about you? Commander?"

Grievous replied.

(Y/N): "We're actually close to one another, you go first and have the blockades go for you. I'll jump a few seconds later and get them from behind."

Grievous: "Not a bad strategy... For you."

(Y/N) huffed in response. Shutting off the hologram. He then went through an agonizing process of waiting, wait time took up 5 minutes before he decided to join in the fun.

(Y/N): "Arrogance... Vindicator! Have the fleet prepare for the jump to hyperspace."

Vindicator: "Yes, Commander."

Vindicator signals the crew, a bunch of replies from the battle droids could be heard as they got to work. (Y/N) fiddles with his lightsaber as the surrounding stars began to change visual shape. The young Sith could feel a small thrust of force as the Calvary and the surrounding Recusant-Class light destroyers began to enter light speed.

Vindicator: "My calculations estimate a 10 minute window before we arrive near Kybolt airspace. My records indicate Grievous has engaged the Republic defences to a deadlock.