Chapter 1: Assignment

(A/N): This has been a desire of mine for quite some time. I hope you enjoy it. *bows* This was originally supposed to be released on the weekend. But as a surprise I'm releasing it now.

(Y/N) thrashed his sabre around, deflecting attack after attack from Count Dooku. The fifth form, Djem So fuelled his lash of attacks that had caused Dooku to side step and even retreat for a brief second before the Count moved into a defensive stance. The young boy then gave himself a moment to relax, before Dooku sent a barrage of Force Lightning his way.

Dooku: "Your reaction time is superb boy... Your father must have trained you well."

(Y/N)'s father had passed on his learnings to his only son before the man had died. A refugee of the demolished once-mighty Sith Empire.

(Y/N): "I noticed, Count Dooku. You seem to heavily depend on Form II Makashi. A truly elegant form if I've ever seen any other..."

The young boy then tightens his gaze, he shifts his feet around. Before twirling his ruby blade into Form III Soresu. Dooku's hand remains behind his back, as the elderly Sith Lord point his lightsaber firmly towards (Y/N).

(Y/N): "ARGH!"

The younger Sith breaks Form III before returning to Form V. Dooku realizes the boy's ruse and blocks his flurry of attacks.

Dooku: "Good footwork, deception, controlling of his opponent's centre... This boy truly is the son of a Sith-"

Dooku's hand suddenly slips off of his sabre, the curved hilt de-activates and clatters a few feet away.  Suprised, Dooku's pure astonishment does not make it to his expression as (Y/N) ceases his movement as his crimson lightsaber inches away from Dooku's neck, as it illuminates his cold stare.

Dooku: "Impressive, young (L/N) truly impressive."

(Y/N): "There is nothing to it, this is only instinct. My father taught me that anger and passion is but a stepping stone. Instinct is what decides if a being lives or dies."

Dooku's sabre finds it's way back into his hand, (Y/N) deactivates his.

Dooku: "When my droid forces found you on that desolate planet, I expected a mere novice with little knowledge of the Force... most likely not one if so the only remaining descendant of the Sith Empire."

(Y/N): "My father took refuge on planet Hypori during the Jedi's reign of influence across the galaxy. I'm not surprised you thought me of a simple savage."

Dooku: "Boy, you have earned my respect today, now tell me. Do you know of the Clone War?"

He nods slowly, Dooku continues.

Dooku: "Due to your abilities in the Force and in combat, I would like to offer you a position in the Army of the Confederacy of Independent Systems."

(Y/N) seemed surprised himself.

(Y/N): "This is surprising... I-I do not really know what to say."

Dooku: "A full division of the CIS' finest machines stand at your notice. Young (L/N) should your skills prove themselves on the battlefield, should you abolish your enemies with no mercy. The Republic shall crumble, as with the Jedi."

Dooku held out his hand. (Y/N) hesitant to take it,

Dooku: "Know that this deal will not last forever."

(Y/N)'s arm seemingly moved without his permission. The young boy found himself shaking Dooku's hand. He responded as such.

(Y/N): "I guess I accept... My life was getting a bit boring back there before the droid army picked me up."

Dooku nodded slowly, before he spoke up with a question.

Dooku: "Has your father given you a Sith title?"

(Y/N) waited a few seconds before responding.

(Y/N): "Darth (Sith Name). It is fitting."

He replied as Dooku smiled. A fine Sith indeed.

Dooku: "Arise Darth (S/N), destiny awaits you."