Chapter 10: The Antidote

Maria slowly pushed my face away from hers.

"Stan", she said. " I know it's great and all that we talked, but, what are we going to do about this?"

I knew what she was talking about. "Well, I have all the ingredients, I just need to mix them together", I said.

"Okay, well that's a relief", she said.

I stood up, and put the owl ear in my pocket.

"Okay Maria", I said firmly. "It's time."

***********************************************************************************************  I lay the ingredients on the table. 

Maria looked at them and cringed, "Ew", she said.

"Hair", I said.

"What?"

"Give me the hair."

"The one on the table?"

"Yes", I said. "Never mind." I grabbed the hair off the table, and put it in the bowl.

"Claws", I said. Maria handed me the monster claws. I put them in the bowl.

"Tears." Maria handed me the bag of tears. "Ew, ew ew!", she said. "Now I have Ponyhead germs."

"Stop complaining," I said, "and hand me the owl ear."

She handed me the ear and I put that in the bowl along with tears.

"Now for the moment of truth."

I mixed until the potion turned light green.

"Here we go", I said.

"Do I have to eat this?!", Maria asked.

"Yes!"

"Fine."

I scooped up some potion with the spoon, and Maria followed.

I put the spoon in my mouth, and swallowed. It wasn't great, but I had to eat this.

Suddenly, the whole room lit up. It's working!

I jumped back, and so did Maria. Hopefully, she was now Marco again.

I fell on my butt. 

"Marco?", I asked.

"Star?"

I looked at him.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

***********************************************************************************************

"St-Star?", Maria said woozily. "Is that you?"

I ran up to him and hugged him. I pretty sure I cried. "Marco", I said. "It didn't work."

Startled, Maria pushed me back. "What?!", she said. "But, but..."

I sat on the floor.

Now what do I do? I don't even think we'll return to our old selves again. My thoughts were interrupted when Maria asked me a question.

"Star, I mean Stan, why did you make the... uh....love potion thingy? I mean, I know why but, why?"

"What?", I asked.

"I mean, why did you make it at that time?"

"Well, I made it because, I was confused, I had a dream where you said you liked Jackie."

I blushed, avoiding eye contact with Maria.

"And you said that the kiss in the photo booth was a mistake."

I looked down at the floor, and tried not to cry. I really wish I had a hoodie to pull over my face right now. I was so embarrassed. How could I do this? How could I be so STUPID? I wrapped my arms over my legs and put my head down. Just when I was about to cry, Maria touched my hand.

"Stan", she said softly. "It's okay."

"What?", I asked.

"I forgive you. Sometimes dreams and instincts and stuff make us do crazy things. Just a few weeks ago, I had a dream where you and Tom were getting married and  at the end you guys rode off on a warnicorn with a piece of paper that said "JUST MARRIED" on it. I was the guy who cleaned up all the warnicorn poop. When I woke up, I started muttering to myself that Tom was trying to take you away from me. Pretty stupid huh?"

"No, I mean, yeah it is pretty stupid, but I totally get it. I'm glad we cleared this up. Hugs!"

"Hugs."

As we leaned in to hug each other, the room started glowing. But this time, Maria and I didn't move away from each other.

"What's happening?!", Maria yelled.

"I don't know!", I yelled back.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

***********************************************************************************************

The glowing in the room stopped. I felt...different. I looked at my hands. "Still the same", I thought. I looked down at my boots. Also still the same. But then I noticed... I was wearing a dress. I'M WEARING A DRESS!!!

"YES!!", Marco and I yelled in unison.

"Hugs!"

***********************************************************************************************

A few minutes later, Marco and I were sitting on the couch, eating nachos.

"Man, it feel so good to be a guy again!", Marco exclaimed. 

"Mfrbrg", I said, a mouth full of nachos.

Suddenly, the door opened. Marco's dad came in. He had a huge smile on his face.

"Hey dad", Marco said with a nacho in his hand. He held out the bowl of nachos. "Nacho?", he offered. 

"Oh heeeeeeey Mr Diaz", I said. "Haven't seen you in a while."

"Hello Star. Hello Marco", Raphael said. "I have something to tell you guys", he said. 

 Still smiling, Marco's dad said."Marco, your mother is in the hospital."

"What!!!", Marco said, jumping out of his chair and dropping the bowl of nachos.

"Oh, Marco, don't worry about it," Raphael reassured. "She's just getting a sonogram."

"Phew", Marco said. As he sat back in his chair,he accidentally crushed the nachos under his feet, getting nacho cheese all over his feet.

"Don't forget to clean up", Marco's dad said right before he headed upstairs. 

"Finally, everything's back to normal", I said.

Marco turned to look at me. "Star", he said. "It's not over yet", he said.

"There's still a few things we have to clear up."

I knew what he was talking about.

Explaining all of this to Tom and Jackie.