Chapter 9:The Owl Ears

I didn't talk to Maria for the rest of the day.

It took at my courage to walk out of the bathroom. Thankfully, everyone was in class. I skipped Ms. Skullnick's and went right home. 

When I got there, I opened the fridge, and immediately took the potion out of the fridge. I was about to dump it into the trash, when I heard footsteps.

Oh no. It must be...Maria. OH NO OH NO OH NO. She followed me home! Before I had time to think, I heard a relieving voice.

"Star?" It was Marco's dad.

"HelloMrDiaznoMarcoisnothomeandactuallyit'snotStarit'sStanandMarcoisMariaandrightnowIneedtogetMaria'sdimensionalscissorssoIcangogettheowlearstoreversethepotioncan'ttalkanymorerightnowbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."

Phew.

I rushed to Maria's room, snatched her dimensional scissors, and quickly opened a portal. I walked into it, without thinking.

I was right in front of Butterfly Castle. I was so tempted to go in there, but I didn't.

I walked towards the nature sanctuary. My legs got tired.

There has to be another way.

I turned to see a unicorn drinking in a watering hole. I jumped on its back.

It reared, and with a "high-ya!"(from me) it galloped away. 

As we rode through town, Mewmans stared and gasped.

"Neigh!!"

The unicorn leaned forward and threw me into the lake.

*Splash*

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Great, Now I'm soaked.

Wait a sec. Is that an, an owl.

I started running towards it than stopped in my tracks. 

Its was looking straight at me.

"Hooot. Hooooooot." 

"Shhhhhhhhhh!"

"Hoot. Hoot."

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

"Hooooooooooooooooot! Hooooooooooooot!"

"Ugh." I slapped my forehead.

"Okay Mr. Owl I don't have time for games, no come with me!"

"Hoot."

I owl flew, and perched on my arm. "Hoot."

"Can I have an ear? Your ear?"

"Hoot." The owl threw its head back, and coughed into my hand.

Ewwwwwww.

I looked at my hand. An ear. But is it an owl ear?

I owl nodded, and gave me a reassuring "hoot", then flew off.

I put the ear in my purse. I should go back to Earth now.

I opened a portal with the scissors, walked into it, and closed the portal.

I opened my purse and looked at the ear.

Sigh,Maria. I just can't handle this right now.

I opened another portal to Mewni, and walked into it. I looked back at the portal, then closed it.

I walked towards Butterfly Castle. 

***********************************************************************************************

I got all the way to the door before I was caught.

One of the guards picked me up by the shirt. "Oh, here you are again, trying to get into the castle."

"Just let me in!,"I protested.

"Of course we're letting you in. We're reporting you to the royal family."

Mom. Dad. "Yes!"

"What?", the guard said.

"I mean, boo."

"Good."

I was carried to the throne room, expecting to see my parents.

But instead, all I saw were 2 empty thrones.

"I guess the king still hasn't returned,"the guard said.

"What? Returned from where?"

"From finding the queen."

"Oh no! Papa!"

I freed myself from the guards grip, and ran.

"Hey! Where do you think your going?!"

I frantically opened a portal, and ran into. I closed it before the guard could get through.

***********************************************************************************************

I panted.

"Papa. Mom and Dad are both gone. Maria knows I still like her, and now I don't know what to do."

I curled up into a ball, and whimpered.

"Stan? You okay?"

"Maria!"

***********************************************************************************************

"Stan, are you okay?", Maria asked, looking concerned.

"Uh, uh, I, uh, uh...", I stammered.

"Yeah, uh, what you said at school today, was that...true?"

I looked at the floor. My face was burning red. I was blushing profusely. 

"Yeah", I said, embarrassed.

"Oh."

Our eyes met.

"Stan",Maria said. "I-I uh, I like you too. I just...didn't know how to tell you."

Wait, what?! ALL THIS TIME?

I tried to smile, but I couldn't.

Now Maria looked down at the floor.

"I-uh, didn't wanna tell you because I know you're dating Tom,I mean Star is dating Tom, but you are Star, I mean, and Tom is my best friend, after you or course, and I didn't want either of you getting hurt. So I thought it'd be best if...took it to my grave."

I hugged Maria. "Oh Marco. Stupid, stupid Marco. You don't have to worry about it."

Maria blushed."Yeah, and I guess neither of us have to feel guilty about this kiss."

"What kiss?"

"This kiss."

Maria pulled me into a kiss.

This, by far, was the best kiss of my life.

For a second I forgot all about my parents.

Whatever. I could tell him later. Right now, I need to savor this moment.