Chapter 8.5:The Truth

School was the next morning.

I dragged myself out of bed and threw on a dress. I stalked out my room to the kitchen, where a poured myself a bowl of Captain Blanche's Sugar Seeds. 

Wait a sec. Where's Maria?

I called her name. Nothing. Huh.

I opened the fridge, reassured to see the "health" potion I made sitting snugly by a jug of milk, hidden beyond sight. Good. I took the bowl out of the fridge, and set it on the table. I opened the tin foil wrap, and almost jumped back across the room. Damp and covered in magical pink goop, read this note:

 Damp and covered in magical pink goop, read this note:

Maria! Maria, why are you so STUPID?! Ugh. Now I have to go fix this. 

Oh no. I just realized something. What if Ferguson and Alfonso eat the potion, and turn into who knows what? I've gotta stop this.

I gulped down the rest of my breakfast and raced to school. I got there in 10 minutes, with 5 minutes until class.

As I rushed down the halls to find Maria, I saw people staring at me. And laughing. I looked down, and realized that I was wearing a dress. 

Stan Butterfly was wearing a dress.I stopped dead in my tracks. Just in time. Maria was walking this way, chatting with Alfonzo and Ferguson. 

"Maria!", I yelled, flailing my arms.

"Stan. Uh. Um. Uh. You know your wearing a--".

"Yes, I know I'm wearing a dress!", I yelled out angrily.

"I came here to ask you, WHAT THE HECK?! How could you just take my stuff from the fridge to show it to Alfonzo and Ferguson?!"

"Sorry Stan, but Ferguson asked me out!"

"Yeah, it's true", Ferguson added.

I glared at him. He backed off.

"You should have told me before you took it", I said, feeling hurt.

"What was it that was so important anyway?", Maria asked.

I sighed. I had to face facts. Maria would find out sooner or later, so I might as well tell her now, before it's too late.

"Maria, the truth is....that's a love potion."

Alfonzo gasped.

Maria looked stunned, which of course, she was.

"A-and, and I know that Tom is still my boyfriend but..since I've been here on Earth again, I've realized that I wanted us to be more than just friends. So I made... that".

I pointed to the small container of magical pink goop in Alfonzo's hands.

"And when the potion backfired, that's when all this happened. But before you panic, I'm working on the antidote. A hate potion actually. All I need now are owl ears."

"Heh". I smiled nervously.

And before anyone could say anything, I ran to the girls bathroom. There were many shrieks, but at least everyone who was in the ran away. I went into a stall, put the toilet seat down, and wrapped my arms around my legs.

And I cried.