13

Ethan

Here I am again at yet another football game. This game is one of the biggest games we play all year. It's against our rivals.

The stands are filled with our school colors and the place is swarmed to say the least. I figured all the spirit would look good on camera. Plus, I get to see Cassie.

She sees me walk in with my camera perched around my neck and she flashes me a small smile. I flash her a small grin in return.

I make my way to the top of the bleachers where I know I'll get some good shots. I'm sure I look weird all by myself but I don't really care.

Soon the whole football team floods on to the field and I know I have to snap a couple shots of them. It's so cold it's hard for me to grip my camera but I manage.

After I take some random photos I can't help but glance down at Cassie. Instead of the typical short skirt they wear, the cheerleaders are wearing what seems to be some sort of warm up pants with long sleeves under their tops.

I can tell she's cold. Her nose and cheeks are painted with a delicate flush. I snap a quick picture of her to capture the moment. She looked so sweet with rosy cheeks.

Just when I thought I couldn't take the bitter cold anymore the time runs out and everyone begins to cheer. Of course we won. I don't think we've lost a game this season. Grayson never seems to let me forget about it either.

I shove my hands in my pockets as I make my way down the bleachers. I'm in no real hurry until I see Cassie picking up here bag and slinging it over her shoulder. Now I can't help but rush to talk to her while she's alone.

But I'm beat to it by Brandon. Brandon, one of Grayson's football buddies. One of the guys every girl in this god damn hell hole froths over.

I stop dead in my tracks and just take the whole situation in. I hate that he's talking to her. He has no business talking to her.

"Hey Cassie." He beams. She sends him a polite smile. She's never one to be rude which is why I find myself so drawn to her.

"Hi Brandon." She says quickly as she tightens her grip on her duffel bag. Her hair blows everywhere as she continues to wait and see exactly what it is this douche bag wants.

"I heard you needed a ride home. How about I take you and we can make a pit stop before I drop you off?" He says with a bold grin. She flashes him a big smile and tucks her hair behind her ear. "I'd rather walk." She taunts as she begins to walk away. That's my Cassie. Full of fire.

"Listen, I'll buy you dinner." Brandon offers as he grabs her wrist to keep her from walking away. "Brandon I really just wanna go home. I'm freezing my ass off and I'm in no mood for this." She says while rolling her eyes. "But babe, you're always in the mood for me." He says softly as he moves in closer to her.

She tries to back away but he grips on to her way to tight for my liking. I've had enough so I approach them smoothly.

"Am I still taking you home?" I ask Cassie confidently. "Oh yeah of course. Thank you Ethan." She says, putting emphasis on my name as she yanks her wrist away from Brandon.

"Oh so you're gonna let this dumbass take you home?" Brandon taunts. "He's far from dumb." She says smoothly as I place my hand on the small of her back to guide her out of the stadium. "That's why he doesn't have any friends and he just shows up to these games by himself to stalk you with his bitch ass camera." Brandon shouts at us.

With that statement, Cassie drops her bag with a thud and makes a fast turn towards Brandon. I'm caught off guard as she makes her way back towards him with her fists clenched.

"Woah Cassie. No no. Not right now." I say softly as I grab her arm and keep her from going any further. She glances at me and takes a deep breath. "Let's go." She says under her breath.

"Come on babe." Brandon torments. "Don't call me that." Cassie spits. "I mean that's not what you were saying the other night." Brandon says with a cocky shrug.

With that I don't give a single fuck anymore. I let go of Cassie and make my way towards Brandon. He sits in shock as I lift my fist and make hard contact with his nose. He falls to the ground with one hit and I'm content with the slight damage I caused. I don't need a full blown fight. I just need to teach him a lesson of sorts.

"Jesus Christ bro. What the fuck." Brandon gushes as he grips his bleeding nose. I squat down next to him so I'm face to face with him. "She's not interested so I suggest staying away. That broken nose of yours ain't shit. Consider this a warning." I say coldly.

Cassie

I stand wide eyed as I listen to Ethan. Never in a million years would I believe he'd do such a thing. But I also never thought I'd be so ready to stand up for a guy the way I wanted to stand up for him when Brandon called him a dumbass.

"Let's go." Ethan says quickly as he walks past me. I can still tell he's fuming so I just pick up my bag and follow. I don't dare ask him any questions yet. I'll save that for the car after he's calmed down a little while.

There's so many questions roaming through my head. I'm still in shock from the whole situation. 

Word count 1012