Chapter 4: Another Jerk

Start from the beginning

"You could buy a new one." He told her. "I could help you with that. Or we could buy it on our way to the company."

Savannah mouth pursed a bit into displeasure, she almost yelled, "That's not the problem."

"So, what's the problem?"

"The problem is --" Savannah pointed toward Brandon's feet. "You stepped into it."

Brandon's eyes widened at that. He immediately stepped away from where she pointed her hand at. There the phone was, looked completely broken as it teared into two. The glasses scattered everyhere.

"Oh my god." Brandon exclaimed. "I am sorry, Sav. I would buy you a new one." He promised her.

But Savannah shook her head. "It's already broken before your giant feet decided to step on it." She said in exasperation.

"But, my games. I had collected a lot of games there." Savannah whined, being dramatic again, gazing at the phone in longing way as if it was going to back into one again.

"Oh, I forget you are a game addict." Brandon chuckled, but immediately shut his mouth as Savannah gave him deadly glare.

"You know the reason, Brand." Savannah told him.

Yeah, Brandon knew that Savannah loved to distract herself from the problem she was facing because of certain someone she would rather not talking about.

"Yeah..." Brandon scratched the back of his head rather nervously. He didn't mean to bring up the subject as to why she leaved Manchester to look for a fresh scenery here.

"I would buy you a new one." He told  her. Giving her a look when she was about to refuse.

"Okay then." She sighed, completely taking Brandon off guard when she without any notice came to hug him. "Thank you, Brand. You are absolutely the best brother in the world."

Brandon smiled at her, ruffling her hair. Savanah rolled her eyes and swatted his hand away, only making his smile grew wider.

"By the way. I need to wash my hand." She scrunched her face. Savannah get up from her sitting position and disappeared in the kitchen. Brandon just sighed.

After Savannah finished preparing things, they were heading toward the company. Savannah was wearing a nervous look which was no different from Brandon expression.

Both of them dreading for the worst if Ashton Rashford ever recognized Savannah. Even though she doubt the man cared enough that he remembered her.

Getting out of the car, Savannah and Brandon slowly entering the office. They were instanly greeted by an annoyed looking man.

"Jason." Brandon scowled. Savannah studied him from head to toe, then she also scowled. The man was attractive though. He had quite tan skin that suit his brown eyes and black hair. A bit of stubble on his jaw made him look more manly. He was also tall, taller by an inch from Brandon.

Jason's annoyed expression turned flirty once his gaze landed on Savannah. Like he had just found his new prey. Savannah glared at him as she noticed him checking her out so openly.

"Stop staring at me or I'll poke your eyeballs out!" She snapped.

Jason just raised one of his eyebrow. "Quite grumpy today, huh?"

"Dude, just shut up." Brandon told Jason as he dragged Savannah inside the building. Jason frowned at that. He called out, "You are the receptionist, right? Mr. Rashford's asking for a coffe and I think you should be the one either buying or making it for him."

"I think it's his assistent's job?" Savannah asked him.

"Nuh, uh. In this company, it's the receptionist's job." He told her with a smile.

"And how about those guests?" Savannah raised her eyebrow.

Jason snorted. "It's still to early for guests to come at this time. Just go and get the coffe."

With that, Jason walked back in and disappearing toward one of the door. Not before sending her a small wink which she found disgusting.

Savannah just sighed as she looked at Brandon for confirmation. Brandon took a deep breath and nodded. "There is a cafe near here. Want me to drive you there?"

Savannah just shook her head. "I know you have a lot of work to do. Just give me the direction on which way I should go."

After Brandon told her about the direction, Savannah went straight to the cafe. She immediately ordered a glass of cappucino. She waited for her order, then exited the cafe as soon as the waitress gave it to her.

Savannah scanned her surrounding for any sign of public transportation. She was very tired of walking. Well, she found none and she knew it would take a lot of time if she waited for one. So, she decided to walk again.

Suddenly, something hard was slammed into her shoulder. She jumped in surprise, almost dropping the coffe. Honesty, she didn't dare to check what it was, or rather who it was as she felt that it was a hand. She didn't need to though. The person suddenly jumped in front of her, blocking her way.

She gasped when she saw the person's face. It was...

You know that Indonesian ghost called kuntilanak? Just go search on your google though. I swear, that kind of ghost scared the hell out of me. Much less when I am alone and suddenly the image of long hair and white long dress appeared in my mind. Yeah, I am paranoid like that.