Chapter 1

Harry's never been so bored. His summer has been completely uneventful. Dudley's birthday had come and gone, leaving Harry with a bunch of broken toys thrown into his room, or more accurately, Dudley's second bedroom.
All Harry could think about was when he would be able to go back home, to hogwarts. He was due to live with his godfather, Sirius Black, convicted murderer but now free man. Harry was still moody at the fact Dumbledore had declined and dismissed the idea, claiming Harry 'wasn't safe there' and 'it doesn't have blood wards' and Harry's favourite 'Remus isn't safe, he could hurt you'. Remus was no animal and honestly it made him sick to think about.
So there Harry sat, waiting for his god awful day to end, and welcome his birthday. 16 is such a big number, isn't it?

It was currently 10:57 pm, a headache started to form. He also had a pain at the end of his spine.
"Bullshit" Harry muttered under his breath. Lighting bolt scar and random pains. How fitting.
Flopping onto his bed in defeat, harry closed his eyes and thought about a certain winged creature. And no it wasn't a hippogriffe.

~•~

Draco could sense his mate from across the county. He new basics about him because of the faint bond flowing between them. Draco hoped his soul bonded went to Hogwarts, it would make his slowly building unease easier to deal with. Veela couldn't be away from their mate for too long without feeling intense pain. Draco's pain was just beginning to build. Thank god there was only a month left until the Hogwarts school year started.
Draco stilled. It was common knowledge that Veela could feel a small amount of their mates pain, and currently his mate had pain progressing along his body. It was currently July 31st at exactly 12 am. His mate was going into their inheritance. Knowing he shouldn't be smiling at his mates pain, Draco couldn't help he small one that was starting to grace his lips. His other half was going to start changing, their body shifting to become more feminine. Draco hoped his mate wouldn't be in for too much of a shock.

~•~

Harry was biting his pillow with tears streaming down his face. Bucking and rolling along his bed. He knew that if he was too loud his uncle would cut meals for a week. So there Harry stayed, withering in pain.

It stopped, Harry laid motionless on the floor, face down. He would be on the bed, but he fell off about half way through. Looking back on it he found it slightly amusing.
Harry let out a slight huff, pushing himself up onto his elbows, slowly pulling his aching body off the wooden floor. Setting his arms him Harry reached back, trying to rub the spot that pained him. His fingers wrapped around something fluffy, long and warm. Opening his bedroom door and running down the hall silently, Harry yanked open the bathroom door, sliding to a stop in front of the mirror. He was mortified, looking at his reflection in the full length mirror Harry could see himself, but he didn't want to see himself like this. Silky soft black ears had sprouted from the top of his head, pressed flat against his head. Raking his eyes down himself he also noticed the curves now clearly defined, his hair longer and eyes brighter. In a moment of panic he spun around. A tail was resting above his now perfectly rounded arse.

Oh god, Harry was a cat boy.