Chapter 1: First Day of School & Quirk Assessment

Start from the beginning

'shine?' I think

"705.2 meters."

'705.2 meters? What? My quirk doesn't help me throw in any way... What do I do...' I think in panic. 'Even if I can throw it fairly far without my quirk since I am pretty active if I do say so myself, this is a quirk assessment so wouldn't it count for nothing?'

"(L/n) (Y/n)! Your turn!" Aizawa-sensei calls.

I grab the ball, take one huge step and throw it as far as possible.

"61. 9 meters," Aizawa-sensei said.

I sigh. Well, not bad for a normal throw, but compared to 705.2 meters? Not bad? I don't think so. I sigh again and go back to the clump of people until someone comes to talk to me. Bakugou Katsuki.

"Oi, that was only 5 meters less than my best."

"What?" I say, "705.2 – 61.9 = 5? I'm not the brightest but I know that that's not right."

"My best without my quirk, are you that stupid?"

"Oh well, I'm so sorry for not getting that," I say. "but seriously? I'm only 5 meters behind Bakugou? That's pretty cool!"

And by the time I finish my sentence, he's not there. Welp. That's Bakugou for you.

I watch the other people throw, and Uraraka-san gets infinity, wow that makes me feel so good about my 61.9. I watch everyone else throw and I hear Aizawa-sensei say.

"Todoroki Shoto! Your turn!"

'Wait, did Aizawa-sensei just call him Todoroki? Like Todoroki as in Todoroki Enji? That guy's Endeavour's son!' I think. 'That's where his red hair comes from. Yay, he can suffer with me.' Yet, he spears the ball with his ice and shoots it as far as his ice can reach. 'What? This guy has an ice quirk too? Oh, that's why his hair is half and half. That is not fair. How come he gets two quirks?'

After the whole quirk assessment is over and Aizawa-sensei tells us that getting expelled was a joke and just to pull out our best, we change back into our uniform and head back to the classroom.

Lunch comes along and I go to the cafeteria.

"What would you like today?" the lunch lady asks.

"Hot soba," I reply.

"Okay, here's your hot soba," the lunch lady says as she gives me my hot soba.

"Thank you!" I say.

Now Todoroki was right behind me, it was his turn to order and I decided to stand there and listen.

"Can I have some cold soba?" he asks.

"WHY???" I ask.

"That's my line, why are you getting hot soba?"

"Here's your cold soba," the lunch lady says while she gives Todoroki his cold soba.

"Thank you," he responds and walks to sit down at a table and I decide to follow him, him being the only person I've talked to yet other than Bakugou.

"Hey hey hey, Todoroki?" I say. (Hey hey hey to all haikyuu fans) "Why do you like cold soba when you can eat hot soba?"

"Cuz I like my soba cold," he says.

"Hmm" I respond and we eat lunch in silence until I remember that I wanted to ask him whether he was actually Endeavour's son.

"AHHH," I yell.

"What?!" Todoroki says, sounding surprised.

"Are you actually Endeavour's son???" I ask.

The air around me grows super cold in a split second; I have to check if he's using his quirk. Nope, He's not.

"Yeah, so what?" he says.

"What do you mean 'so what?' he's the second best hero and everyone's idol." I say.

"You don't know have half of him," he glares at me.

"I-I may not, but my goal is to be a hero like Endeavour," I say.

"Do," he says, "Do you actually look up to him?"

"Of course! He has the same quirk as me!" I say.

"You... have a fire quirk?" he asks.

"Yup!"

(A/N Hello! This is my third fanfic and I am so thankful to everyone that's reading this. I hope you enjoy this fanfic, I do have something planned! This is kinda connected to my fanfic [Freezing] to those who have read it. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope to cya next chapter. PLUS ULTRA!!!)