Chapter 4: USJ Battle

I wake up and change into my uniform. I walk out of my room and down the stairs.

"Morning, mom," I say groggily.

"Oh my gosh (Y/n), did you actually wake up on your own?"

"Yeah yeah," I reply. It is unbelievable enough though. I usually need someone yelling at me before one of my eyes even open. What am I? Excited for school? No. Absolutely no way.

Yesterday, after our battle of trials, I tried to talk to Todoroki-kun. He won his match by freezing the whole building. From what he's said before, I can tell he doesn't like his fire quirk? Or is it that he doesn't like Endeavour? But that can't be right, I mean it's the 2nd best hero, how could he possibly be so bad?

I stop using my brain that's still complaining from the lack of sleep it's getting. I sigh and eat my breakfast in silence.

"Is something bothering you, honey?" my dad asks me.

My eyes open at that. I'm finally awake. "...how did you know?"

"Of course I can tell. You're happy at the slightest things in life and you didn't show a single smile yesterday night."

I had to laugh at that. "I guess you guys can really see right through me."

"Hey who do you think we are?"

"My parents," I laugh again. "Yeah, there's something that's kinda bothering me. There's this guy that's the son of Endeavour in my class."

"Endeavour? The 2nd best hero?" my dad says in surprise, "That's great! You've looked up to him all your life!"

"Do you like him?" my mom asks.

I sigh. "No, I do not. I mean he does look good but we're not in a relationship where I can say I like him. We... he... he's kinda mad at me, but I don't know why. On the first day of school, I asked him if he was related to Endeavour and he replied 'yes' looking really unhappy. His quirk is half ice and half fire, but I don't think he likes his fire quirk. I don't know why, it's such a strong, ideal quirk. I don't think that Endeavour is bad, I mean he can't be, right? He's the 2nd best hero!" I say.

"Hmm..." my mom replies. "Have you tried asking him what happened?"

"Yeah. But he doesn't seem to want to talk to me. He seems to still be pissed about my quirk."

"Your quirk?"

"Oh yeah, he didn't seem happy when I told him that I looked up to Endeavour. Then I told him it was because I had the same quirk as him and he looked surprised. I mean it wasn't like that made it any better though."

"I see... Oh no, look at the time! Hurry hurry, you're going to be late!!!"

"I talked for too long, I'm gonna run now, see you later!" I yell as I run out the door.

"Wait, (Y/n)!"

I stop in my tracks and look back at my mom. "Mom, I'm late!"

"I know. This is about Todoroki-kun, but don't worry too much, and try talking to him if you can. I'm sure there's nothing to worry too much about. Hope you have fun at school!" she says.

I smile. "Yeah, thanks!"

"Okay. Now run!"

I salute and run off. I hope Mom's right. Hope I can talk to Todoroki-kun today.

I ran the whole way there and made it barely in time. Well no, I didn't make it in time, but Aizawa-sensei didn't make it in time either, which means the attendance didn't make it in time, which means I am not late.