Prologue//

DISCLAIMER: This was the first full length fanfic I've written, which means there will be several plot holes and mistakes. Instead of rewriting it, I'd decided to preserve it as an example of my past work. And I hope you enjoy it nevertheless xx

I had on new underwear.

And it was for Ashton, of course. I was tired of being innocent, as much as he was tired of waiting. So, tonight was going to be my gift to him.

No matter how many times I knocked at his door, Ash didn't answer. So I took out the spare key he'd given me for emergencies and let myself in.

I grinned in anticipation, imagining Ashton's face when I walked in. Was it shock? Awe? Joy?

As quietly as I could, I headed upstairs and down the hallway of his bedroom. I heard him move around in his room as I turned the knob of the door.....

"Ash, you're in for the night of your-"

And....

holy shit. I couldn't even finish my sentence. Because everything stopped. The world stopped.

The girl on the bed squealed, hiding her half-nude body with the sheets. At first, I was so caught off guard that I had no idea what was going on. It was until Ashton's head slowly came out from under the covers, that I put the pieces together.

"Jade!" He choked, his eyes wide. "What are you doing here?"

"I don't fucking believe it." I stuttered. No matter how many times I counted to ten, or used the methods of my self-remedy tape 'How to Control Your Anger with Jennifer Madson', I failed to keep calm. (Jennifer, I've disappointed you.)

"I came here for you, you idiot!" I unzipped the sweater I was wearing just by a few inches to show him the new bra. "I bought this for you! For our night!" Then, in a decision so full of anger and annoyance, I unclasped my bra right there, in front of Ashton and the bitch in his bed. Then I threw it at my cheating boyfriend, hitting him square in the face. Ashton just stood there, jaw dropped open, lingerie tangled in his hair.

And I ran away before I could explode.

"Wait! Jade!" Ashton yelled, but I've already closed the door in his face.

I ran across the hallway and out of the door of Ashton's house. He cried out behind me, begging for me to come back, but I barely heard it.

Because all the voices in my head were screaming murder.