On the surface of the ice platform, Valka was drawing a bigger version of Hiccup's map with her staff. Now I knew where Hiccup's drawing ability came from.

I looked at Valka amazed, and she smiled at me.

"And then, from Dragon Island, I found this archipelago-" I hit him slightly in the arm, he looked at me, and I motioned towards the drawing in the ice with my head. He looked in that direction, saw the drawing, and then stared at his mother amazed.

"No wonder you draw so well" I complimented "It runs in the family" I said, looking at him, and he smiled.

"Like many other things" he chuckled, and I had to agree.

Hiccup had completely taken off after his mother.

Our next stop was a cliff. Valka's dragons jumped off, and spread their wings in mid-air. There was a breeze coming from below, so they floated back up. Valka went next with Cloudjumper, then Hiccup & Toothless, and then us. Thunderlight, at first, seemed rather scared, but I assured him that everything was going to be alright and, after some more minutes of struggling to convince him to do it, he finally agreed. He jumped off, and opened his wings. We stayed hovering in the air for some more minutes, until I decided to do my characteristic trick, which all of you already know what it is.

"Okay, listen up, bud" I said to Thunderlight, who looked at me "We are going to free-fall, okay?" he growled loudly, expressing his disagreement with that idea, but I rolled my eyes "Thunderlight, it'll be fine!" he groaned again, but agreed slightly. I smiled and pet his head softly, to which he purred.

Next, I unhooked myself from the saddle and did the trick. I spun a few times, Thunderlight spinning with me but, just as he was about to fly underneath me and catch me, I saw Hiccup in the distance; he and Toothless were below us. I smiled, and pointed towards them with my finger, Thunderlight follow the direction and saw them. He growled in response as he flew besides me instead of underneath.

"Where is 'Lex?" asked Hiccup, just as I landed behind him in Toothless' saddle.

"Right behind you"

"GAH!" he shouted and turned back towards me, while I chuckled "You scared me!" I chuckled even harder.

"I could notice that" after some seconds, he started to laugh with me.

"I should have realized, though, you are well known for your surprise attacks" I giggled. 

"Thanks" then, I stood on my feet in the saddle "But yes, you should have realized" next thing I did, was to jump off, landing on my dragon's saddle.

That trick never got old.

I looked over at Valka, who smiled and flew towards me in Cloudjumper, I smiled back. I didn't feel embarrassed anymore, I felt like I could finally speak to her. You know, have a decent conversation.

"That was a pretty good trick" she said, the smile never leaving her face.

"Thank you, I invented it a couple of years ago" 

"And your dragon is beautiful" she said, putting her hand on my dragon's side. Thunderlight purred softly "He may be one of the only ones of that color" I looked at her surprised "At least, I haven't seen many of that colour yet, I've only got one" she gestured to one dragon behind us, and I looked back to see him flying just some meters away from us "I found him some days ago, rescued him from the trappers' ship" he was the exact same colour as Thunderlight, and he had a small cut in one of his wings, probably caused by a trap he fell into. Poor thing, but it didn't seem like it bothered him. I decided to thank Valka by complimenting her on her dragon, too.