Chapter 22

As flew behind Valka while she led us to where her dragons would normally eat, I saw Hiccup staring in the distance with a thoughtful expression. I understood him; you thought your entire life that your mother was dead, and suddenly, one day, you find her, and discover what she had been doing was a lot to process. I would feel the same way.

"How you doing?" I asked, flying next to him. He turned towards me abruptly, seemingly pulled off a deep thought.

"It's a lot to get my head around" he admitted after some seconds.

"Hey, if you were able to cope with your best friend being dead for five years and then coming back to life, I'm pretty sure you can cope with this" he smiled, making me smile, too.

"I'm glad you are here, 'Lex"

"Great, because you're stuck with me. I'm going to stay here and annoy you for a really, really, long time" I joked, and he chuckled.

Then, we both turned around, and saw the millions of dragons following behind, of all kinds and colours: Blue, Yellow, Black, Green, Pink; Windstrikers, Deadly Nadders, Razorwings, Raincutters, Gronckles...Any species you could imagine was there. It was amazing, if Valka ever came back to Berk with all those dragons, we would have to start expanding the island, because there wouldn't be any space for the Vikings.

Not that I was complaining, though.

"Hey, I-I thought we were going to eat!" said Hiccup, turning back to his mother.

"Oh, we are!" she said happily, and gestured for us to stop flying. I turned back around, and saw that the dragons had stopped, too.

"Woah" I heard Hiccup mutter at my side. Thunderlight then growled glancing at me, and then below us, signaling for me to do the same. I casted my glance down towards the sea, just in time to see the Bewilderbeast coming out from the water, and, suddenly, it was raining fish. Hiccup stared around us amazed, and then looked at me. I smiled happily at him as Valka laughed. If she did that everyday, her life was pretty awesome.

Toothless looked around with his tongue stuck out, he was really excited. Hiccup motioned for him to grab some food, while Thunderlight looked at me as if asking me for permission. 

"Thunderlight, you don't have to ask me permission to eat!" he growled happily, and off he went, trying to catch as many fish as he could, while I looked around us. The dragons were all eating, and, then, I saw Toothless, who had around twenty fish in his mouth "You were really hungry, weren't you?" I laughed, and he purred. Hiccup looked over to Thunderlight.

"Thunderlight isn't any better" he observed. I frowned and looked at my dragon, who had twice as more. I chuckled, and Hiccup did the same thing. We stayed smiling and gazing at each other for solid three minutes, before finally landing on an ice platform close to Valka.

"Do you do that everyday?" I asked her while I hopped off Thunderlight, and she nodded.

"Everyday"

"Amazing" she smiled at me, before turning to look at Hiccup, who unfolded his beautiful map and placed it on the floor.

"Ooh, what is this?" she asked, approaching him. I did the same, and knelt down besides the Viking, admiring the map for the second time. I never got tired of it; it was just so detailed and so well done that you just couldn't get enough!

"We found all this during the last years" he said, gesturing towards the map. He explained how  Toothless and him had found the places and what they had found there. I was listening to him carefully, but Valka moving in front of us made me look at her curiously, and what I saw left me speechless.