Chapter 20

I realized too late I had screamed that question, and I covered my mouth instantly once I did, though I knew they had heard it. I was pretty sure anyone within a mile of where we were had heard it. 

His mother, it was strange calling her that, just smiled at us, not minding my clearly loud scream, and motioned for us to follow her.

"Come" she grabbed her staff and took off; Hiccup and I shared a confused look. Mine clearly said 'What do we do?' he shrugged, still a little shocked, and we followed her with our dragons behind.

"Hiccup, what is going on? I thought you told me she was dead!" I hissed, not wanting Valka to hear us (Yes, I knew her name. Hiccup had told it to me five years ago).

"I-I don't know! She was supposed to be, that's what my dad told me!" he said, as we kept running.

"Ask her, she is your mother!" I ushered, motioning towards the woman ahead of us.

"B-but now?" I rolled my eyes.

"No, in five years. Yes, now!" he nodded and hurried his pace, trying to catch up with her.

"H-hold on!" I heard him yell, while we tried to get through a really stretch opening "Wait just a minute"

"This way" she hissed, as she walked through the cave easily, while we struggled a lot to get through the rocks and not fall off.

"Come back here!" I giggled a little bit at Hiccup's attempt to get her attention, but she seemed more focused on arriving to our destination than on listening to him.

"Come!" she climbed over a rock, how on earth did she manage to do that? I had tripped like five times already! The floor was really unsteady.

"You can't just say something like that and run off" funny, that was exactly what I did when I told him about the pirates "You're my mother?!" he shouted, though I wasn't sure the woman was hearing "I mean, what the...? Do you- do you grasp how insane it sounds?" he looked back at me to make sure I was still following, I made a gesture for him to continue walking as I looked back to make sure our dragons were still following. They had it easy, they had paws and four legs (Well, two arms and two legs, but who counts, right?), while we had two and a half foot to walk through the rocky cave.

"Come!" said her mother "Quickly!" I was honestly getting tired of her repeating the same words over and over again.

"I have questions!" the woman climbed up a small ledge, and I started to seriously question how long she had been living there if she could climb up rocks so easily. Hiccup jumped, trying to climb up, but failing. I held back my giggles when Toothless boosted him up, and then came right after him.

I managed to jump, and Hiccup helped me up before continuing to follow Valka. I didn't bother to look back at Thunderlight, 'cause he had been climbing rocks for two years. There were a lot in Haustchet.

"Where have you been all this time?!" he yelled to her "What-what have you been doing? But they-they said you were dead! Everyone thinks you've been eaten by-by..." silence was all I could hear. I frowned, as I reached the end of the crevice and stood in completely different place from the previous cave.

It was amazing.

Around us, more than a thousand dragons were flying in the sky. Cute baby Gronckles were playing in the extremely green grass while some dragons flew around them.

I looked up to enjoy the wonder of it all, but my eyes stood on his mother, who was sitting on an orange four-wing dragon. He was hanging from a rock like a bat, and his head was turning in an unusual 360 grades way, I had never seen one like it before.