Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Owen

After locking the doors and leaving Sabrina at home safely, I drive to work as fast as I can. I didn't expect Sabrina's family or the public to notice she was missing so soon. Since I have a feeling Raymond is behind her abuse, I thought he would be afraid to tell Sabrina's family that she was missing. He could have thought they would suspect he was behind her disappearance.

Sabrina and I haven't discussed what we are going to do with her life in the time being. Either act like she's my new girlfriend with a new hair color and eyes? Or just don't let her leave the house till her case and Annie's case is solved. She has to decide in a couple of days what she wants to do.

Now, I honestly don't know what I'm going to say to Chief Edwards about this situation. This happened so suddenly, so I haven't come up with what to say about her disappearance. I'm going to have to act natural and try not to let anything slip from my mouth.

Ten minutes later after leaving the house, I find myself walking into the police station looking content as ever. My feet take me to Chief Edwards' office and I knock once I reach the door. "Come in." He says through the other side. I put my hand on the door and turn the door knob slowly. Raymond Hamilton and Liam Hagen come into my view after I had opened the door. Chief Edwards sits behind his desk in front of the enormous window that overlooks the city.

"Mr. Hamilton, Mr. Hagen." I say, walking in confidently. Chief Edwards points to the chair next to his desk in front of Liam and Raymond, signaling me to sit down next to him. Sweat starts to creep in on the back of my neck as I walk over to the chair and sit down. I didn't expect these two to be here in the office when Chief Edwards and I converse about this dangerous situation.

My eyes drift over to Raymond. His face holds a hateful glare as he fidgets with his fingers on his lap. He's probably pissed off that Sabrina succeeded in escaping his trap. His evil mind didn't think she had it in herself to leave his life and find safeness in this fucking horrible world.

"Detective Clark, we thought you had this case under control. Excuse me gentlemen for being wrong about our great detective of this station would close Sabrina's case with great success." Chief Edwards states angrily. He gets up from his leather chair and paces back and forth in front of the window. A sigh escapes from my lips, if only he knew.

"She's out there damn it! You better fucking find her and do a better fucking job this time detective or I will have your ass fired!" Ray says, slamming his fist on Chief Edwards' desk. He looks towards me, and gives me a hateful glare. If this son-of-a-bitch doesn't calm down and keeps cursing at me, then this is the day I lose my job.

"I understand that you're upset with your wife's disappearance, Mr. Hamilton. But you need to calm down and let us handle the situation at hand." I say, with quite a harsh tone. Raymond gets up and straightens out his suit like a gentleman.

He swiftly walks over to me and whispers, "I'll fuck you up if you don't do your job detective." His blue eyes seem to look straight into my soul as he glares at me. He pats my back with his left hand, letting it seem like we get along.

"Well, keep in touch with me if you have any leads, Chief." Raymond states after he turns around, and then nods at Chief Edwards and Mr. Hagen. I watch as his disgusting ass leaves the room.

" So Mr. Clark do you have any good news for us?" The Chief questions as he sits down at his desk. Oh shit, what the hell do I say?

Nervously, I gulp quietly as I sit down next to Liam who is sitting down with his arms folded around his chest. "Sir," I begin to say but the Chief stops me.