His eyes softened for a moment but then suddenly he drew back his fist and punched me in the stomach. I doubled over in pain.

"What the hell?!" I gritted out.

"That was for being an asshole for the past three years." He grinned.

I groaned. "I guess I deserved that." Then my own lips broke into a huge smile.

We both started laughing.

It felt good.

"Brothers?" I asked, still chuckling.

"Always." He responded and he held out his hand for me to shake. I pulled him into a hug instead.

"Thank you for everything, brother. I'll miss you." I told him sincerely.

~~~~~~~~~

I watched as she hugged Danielle goodbye.

Danielle said something to her and she laughed. Her raven hair shone in the sunlight.

She's beautiful.

And she's with me.

My heart stuttered for a moment as reality hit me.

She's mine.

The girl I've loved my entire life is finally mine.

I was startled as a firm hand suddenly grasped my shoulder. My eyes met with Mr. Hudson's stern ones.

"You better take care of my daughter. Or I swear to God, I will find you and I will kill you." He said seriously.

I burst out laughing. "Really Mr. Hudson? A 'Taken' reference?"

He chuckled. "Please tell me I scared you a little?"

I grinned. "Oh, I'm terrified."

"You better be." He joked, then his expression softened. "You're a good man Hunter. I believe that. You have my approval."

I swallowed. "Thank you Sir. That means a lot to me." My voice was choked with emotion.

He smiled and patted my back. "This doesn't mean I was joking about what I said earlier. You hurt my daughter, I'll come after you." He warned.

A pair of slender arms suddenly wrapped around me from behind. "Behave yourself daddy. You'll scare him off."

Mr. Hudson looked at his daughter affectionately. "Promise me that you'll visit me and Sara soon?"

"I promise." Scarlett answered. Her voice wavered slightly, giving away her emotions.

I curled my fingers around hers and squeezed gently.

The sound of a car horn honking caught our attention.

"The cab's here." I announced softly.

"Are you sure you don't want us to drop you guys at the airport?" It was Sara who had spoken.

"No, it's totally fine." Scarlett responded and she turned to hug her. "I'm sorry I was so mean to you in the beginning Sara. Just know that I love you and I'm so glad my dad has you."

Sara hugged her back, I could see tears shinning in her eyes. "I love you too Scarlett. You better come and visit soon. I'll be bored to death in this big house on my own."

The cab driver honked again.

"We should go." Scarlett whispered. Her cheeks were wet with tears.

I hated that this was so hard for her.

"You sure about this?" I asked seriously.

She looked at me. Her eyes burning with intensity. "I've never been so sure of anything in my life."

I hugged Danielle and Sara goodbye and shook Mr. Hudson's hand. I waited for Scarlett to give everyone a final hug before we finally settled down in the cab.

"To the airport." I told the driver and he nodded.

"This is it." Scarlett whispered, her head turned up to look at me.

I bent down to kiss her lips softly. Her lips automatically parted. 

I couldn't get enough of her. My hands grasped her waist as I pulled her closer making her moan. She bit my lip lightly and tugged before finally pulling away.

"The cab driver's going to throw us out if we don't stop. We can't miss our flight." Her cheeks were tinted pink. 

I grinned, my eyes were locked with hers. I gave her one last kiss before finally pulling away.

She smiled shyly.

There was a strange feeling in my chest. Something I hadn't felt in a long long time. It took me a moment to realize that I was actually happy. I was happier than I had ever been before.

I had given up on happiness. I had believed I was incapable of feeling this way because my life had been filled with so much pain.

But I had been wrong.

Pain isn't constant, neither is sorrow. They are like waves in an ocean, they crash down on the shore, cause destruction if they are too intense. But they always retreat. They always leave room for happiness.

Pain and happiness work in a balance. When a person suffers true pain, they also get the privilege to experience true happiness.

My hand automatically found Scarlett's and I brought it to my lips.

"I love you." I murmured.

She sighed in content and leaned against me. "I love you."

Maybe that's just how life works.

Maybe everyone gets a happy ending.

We just need to find the courage to make it to the end.

END

  ❇❇❇  

A big hug from me to all the people who made it to the end of this book!

OKAY SO THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE END.

I might post another chapter but the story ends here.

I WANT ALL OF YOU TO HONESTLY TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS BOOK.

NO HOLDING BACK

Thank you so much for all the love. I don't know what I did to deserve beautiful people like you in my life. T_T