Thanksgiving Vs. Christmas

Arthur loves Thanksgiving. Merlin loves Christmas.

Arthur hates how early Merlin starts to celebrate Christmas. Merlin hates how late Arthur starts to celebrate Christmas.

But they work.

It is November 20th, the Monday before thanksgiving, and Merlin already has Christmas lights up (Arthur will take them down when he gets home). In retaliation, Arthur hasn't gotten Merlin a single gift yet and won't get him anything until a week before Christmas.

Merlin yells at Arthur when he sees the Christmas lights aren't up anymore and hidden away somewhere. Eventually he stomps away to his car and leaves.

Arthur gets sad at this. Merlin just doesn't understand the importance of Thanksgiving. It's the only holiday his family ever celebrated and come the day, he'll have everything cooked up with all the bells and whistles. He'll have a cornucopia in the center of the table and decorations all around.

He'll have all the dishes his mum used to make before she past away when Arthur was ten years old. Arthur will use all the skills she taught him in the kitchen. It will be some of the delicious food ever.

But Merlin is diminishing the value of it by bringing Christmas early. It's like he doesn't even care and that makes Arthur depressed. It depresses him so much he lays on the couch and cries himself to sleep.

Merlin walks into their house late at night after calming down to see Arthur passed out on the couch with tissues all around and dried tears on his face. This makes Merlin feel guilty. He doesn't know why him putting up Christmas light before Thanksgiving is such a big deal to Arthur. Merlin just wants to get into the Christmas spirit.

Merlin goes to bed and leaves the new Christmas lights in the car. If it's that important to Arthur, then he can wait just a little bit longer.

Arthur wakes up to the smell of waffles and bacon. In other words, Merlin's apology breakfast. Merlin always makes waffles and bacon when he wants to apologize to Arthur.

Merlin brings Arthur a plate and hands it to him, "I don't know why me putting up Christmas lights this early bothers you, but since it is that important to you, I will wait until after Thanksgiving."

I smile up at him, "Thank you. I love you."

He bends down to give me a kiss. Arthur loves Merlin and Merlin loves Arthur, so they work.