"Babygirl."

My eyes popped open as I saw my mother's husband over me. He was staring at me intently, with eyes as cold as ice and I soon began to feel uncomfortable under his menacing gaze.

I tried to cover as much of myself as I possibly could, but even with my hands concealing my silhouette, I still felt naked under his wandering orbs.

I slept with my bedroom door locked for the mere reason that I slept naked, so at that moment there were merely two things on my mind:

How he got in.

And why was he hovering over his daughter's naked unconsciousness.

My face contorted as I pushed his body off of mine causing him to hit the tile with a loud 'thud'.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked, but he didn't respond.

Instead he gripped me by the base of my neck spreading my legs apart with his knees. It was only then that I knew exactly why he'd came into my room that night.

For the 19 years I had lived on Earth, I had never had sex, and I most definitely wasn't going to start now, especially with the person who sat before me.

With that last thought clouding my mind, I mustered up all the strength in me, punching him in the face and sprinting to the bedroom door.

I was so close, yet two inches too far from the silver door knob when I felt myself being dragged back by my long black ponytail.

My back touched the cold tile floor and I groaned in pain.

For the second time that night, Bick was on top of me, and only then was I able to smell the rancid scent of alcohol on his breath.

This time, he had my hands pinned above my head as he began to unbuckle his belt. A tear slid down my face as his hand inched closer to what he had taught me as a little girl was my 'no no' area.

His body doubled over in pain as I kicked him in the groin, giving me the opportunity to dash down the stairs and to the front door.

I was three steps away when I felt something hit the back of my head making my body fall to the floor in pain.

The last thing I remember was my dad raining punches on my face, the sound of metal hitting the floor, and through my peripheral, my mother watching as her husband entered her first born; before I blacked out.