ᴘsʏᴄʜᴏʟᴏɢɪᴄᴀʟ ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ ᴏғ ɪʀᴇɴᴇ

Personality Type: ENFJ | Enneagram Type 8

Disorder(s): Histrionic personality disorder

Positive Traits: High intelligence, ability to understand and predict human behavior, independent, ability to understand and effectively deal with emotions, high confidence in self

Negative Traits: Manipulative, attention-seeking, dominating, uses sex as a weapon, overly ambitious, suspicious and mistrustful of others

Notes: Irene enjoys dominating others partially because of her natural personality, and partially because she is insecure. She feels a strong desire to defeat others and to show that she is dominant because she feels inadequate and this is her way of attempting to convince herself that she is not. She “caters to the whims of the pathetic” (as Sherlock so eloquently put it) so that she does not feel pathetic.

Irene was not just a dominatrix in the superficial way. She stealthily extracted information from her clients, and used it to blackmail them, thus putting herself in a very dominant position, not just sexually.

She enjoys playing games with people, and enjoys winning far more. In fact, she is very used to winning, and very confident of herself; it was her overconfidence that led to her eventual downfall. She could not resisted making her password something that could possibly be solved, simply to play games with Sherlock Holmes, to prove to herself that she had truly beaten him; making her password something as guessable as “I AM SHERLOCKED” would have given her far more satisfaction had she won than if she had just chosen a random series of letters/numbers. If Sherlock Holmes had been unable to guess the password then, it would have been the ultimate victory to Irene. It would have been more proof that she would use to convince herself that her insecurities are unfounded.

Irene has a histrionic personality disorder, a disorder characterized by constant manipulative behavior to achieve self-indulgence, inappropriate seductiveness (usually to attract attention), and egocentrism. Histrionic personality disorder is more common in women, and is also closely related to narcissistic personality disorder.

Irene had a troubled childhood; there are strong signs that she experienced constant anxiety in her early years. She also have been overly restricted or controlled in her early developmental years, in a way that caused her to become rebellious later on. She also have been constantly underestimated or ignored, which may be the reason for her high ambitiousness and  attention-seeking behavior.