CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

Onto the next.

I sat on a bench in my balcony and sipped my 2 AM coffee. The stars were out, and I must say, they look glorious, amazing.

It's been a while since I did this. Admiring the beautiful sights, not worrying about the things in the world.

I sighed out loud, if only I was a kid again.

I wonder, what would have happened if that accident didn't happen? Would I have grown a normal kid? Would I have been ordinary? Would I be part of those screaming girls whenever Why Don't We shows up on stage?

Speaking of Why Don't We, the boys said something about a concert in Kia Theatre, California later today. At around five in the afternoon.

I almost groaned out loud, the amount of screaming I'll be hearing all over again.

The screams reminded me of the interview on Good Morning America during my birthday.
Corbyn looked pissed off when Zach and I were talking. But why?

I looked at my left wrist and saw the charm bracelet he had given me. I wonder when the next charm will be given?

Too many questions.

At the mention of the charm, I also remembered all the gifts I received that day. Today, I'm wearing Zach's favorite shirt a and a pair of sweatpants. The shirt with the 'Daddy' thingy on it. I find it quite amusing how teenagers nowadays couldn't control their raging hormones and go out calling boys their age Daddy. Zachary isn't even my age. He's a year younger than me.

I looked at the stars once more and saw that the moon was shining quite brightly and was in a perfect round shape.

The sight looked amazing from the third floor of the Manor. All the bedrooms were here, on the third floor. Game rooms and other things for entertainment such as the movie screening area and meeting hall were in the second. The first was for the kitchen, lounge room, dining hall, etc. There was no fourth floor due to the extremely high ceilings.

I made my way inside, clutching the small cup I had in hand that held my coffee. I looked for the black box. It was underneath my bed. I took the lid off and saw the familiar item I've been looking for.

Jonah's Polaroid.

I brought it with me outside and took a shot of the beautiful scenery I've been staring at for an hour.

I suddenly heard a foot step out into the balcony beside mine.

One of the boys?

They should really learn how to sleep earlier.

As I waited for the photo to print out, I spoke, "Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

I sensed movement, "Shouldn't you?"

I smirked lightly, not turning around. "Touché."

I sat back down on my bench.

"Isn't it lovely?" I asked him.

He hummed, "What is?"

"This. Just staring at the stars in the early hours of the morning. Not worrying about the things going on around us."

"I guess it is."

We sat in silence. He on his balcony, and I on mine.

"Why don't you sleep?" I heard his voice cut through the peaceful silence.

"It's- it's complicated, Jonah." I spoke.

I spun around and saw him looking directly at me, his brown eyes holding an emotion I couldn't quite decipher. His lips were in a straight line. His hands were tucked inside the pockets of his grey sweatpants while his white shirt clung onto his chest.

"You know, if you need to talk, I'm right here, okay?"

I nodded.

I then held the Polaroid camera he gave me and the printed photo.

He saw it and smiled.

His smile brought tingles inside my stomach.

"I'm glad you're already using it."

I looked down, the corners of my lips turning up, "Yeah. It's quite handy to be honest."

The photo album he gave me now held four photos, this newly printed one will be the fifth.

The four photos were from last week. During one of the boy's interviews with Ryan Seacrest, I had a photo taken with them due to Zach's request. The other three were of different sceneries. Dawn, Dusk, Sunset, and now, early morn.

"Well I'm glad you like it." He smiled, his beautiful brown eyes meeting my grey ones.

I smiled back. A real smile.