chapter three

"So, that's it. You might need some time to remember where all the rooms are but you'll know soon."

Louis was in shock. All the times he'd dreamed of the house his dominant lived in, he never once imagined this. The house was huge; 4 stories, adorned with luxury rooms like a gym and theater. There was even an elevator. It was quite new compared to his apartment that he shared with Liam and Zayn.

Louis simply nodded, not looking at Harry. They still hadn't gone over the rules like Harry promised. Maybe he forgot, but Louis wasn't going to call him out on it. He didn't know what his rules were about speaking.

Harry glances at his phone as they stand in the hallway leading to the kitchen. "It's already late. We'll eat and then go to bed."

Louis didn't respond; Harry was already walking into the kitchen, leaving Louis behind with no say in the matter. He had a large lunch before Harry picked him up and he knew he wasn't at all hungry. But this was his dominant, not his mother. He wasn't going to retaliate with him.

"Are you allergic to anything?"

"No, sir," but I'm very picky Louis wanted to add.

He didn't.

He watched attentively as his dominant cooked, hoping that one day he could learn and then please Harry like Harry had pleased him. All before the week was out.

As Harry stirred the pasta, going between noodles and sauce, "I know you saw a lot of rooms tonight, however, you'll be sleeping with me. I don't want you to get yourself into any trouble."

"Yes sir," Louis mumbled. He wanted to sleep with a dominant, but that was before. Now he wasn't so sure. Every move he made could be a make or break moment for Harry and he already didn't want to lose him.

He didn't want to be alone again.

Harry set the pasta in front of Louis. The bowl was large, filled to the brim with pasta. "I need you to eat. Remember what we talked about at the cafe?"

Louis nodded, his eyes wide at how much he had to eat. He would have a few bites but the bowl would never be empty. He wasn't even hungry.

He began twirling the pasta around his fork, trying to get as much on it to make this go faster.

They ate in silence, Harry glancing at his bowl then him then back to his bowl every once in awhile.

"Come on. You won't finish," Harry finally said after sitting at the table for 30 minutes, Louis only getting the bowl half empty. Louis sighed in relief. Harry wasn't mad at him. "We'll work on it together, okay?"

Louis nodded, following Harry up the large stairs. Upstairs, both prepared for bed. Louis changed into his large sleep shirt and left his panties on while Harry stripped to his boxers. They got into bed hesitantly, Harry being easily more comfortable than Louis but still aware of how new this was.

They watched TV, without speaking, for about an hour before Harry turned off the TV. "Go to sleep. We'll talk in the morning." Harry turned, facing away from Louis.

Louis wanted to ask if maybe Harry would mind turning the fan on, or maybe a night light. But he still didn't know what the rules were and he didn't want to bother his dominant the first night.

He turned over, facing Harry's back and tried to get comfortable. His head was pounding, his heart racing. He tried desperately to find a good position to fall asleep but everything felt different; he was just so nervous.

"Stop moving, Louis. Please."

Louis was now on his back. For good. "Sorry," he whispered.

As minutes passed on, and with Harry snoring next to him, the analog alarm clock was steadily counting minutes that Louis couldn't sleep.

He didn't want to start moving and wake up Harry. As hours passed, Louis got so caught in his head. He was so hot, and he didn't understand how Harry could be snuggled under blankets when he was sweating. He considered how much of Harry's past would truly affect their relationship. Harry was clearly hiding something from him, but who was he to comment on it? It was none of his business, and for all he knew, he would probably never know.

Harry woke up around 2am, accidentally hitting Louis. He grumbled slightly, rubbed his eyes and Louis was scared to move. "Baby?" Harry whispered. Louis decided, then, to pretend to be asleep. There was no telling what Harry had planned, and if he found out that he was awake this late, he could be very mad.

Harry whispered something else, too soft for Louis to hear. He nearly flinched when suddenly he felt a gentle but warm hand on his forehead, then neck, then around the back of his head. Harry then, slowly, clearly trying not to disturb Louis, slipped from the bed and walked over to the door, flipping on the switch to turn on the overhead fan. Immediately, Louis felt the air cooling him down. He slept in the freezing cold nightly so Harry's hot room made him incredibly uncomfortable.

Harry climbed back into bed, ruffling the sheets a little, giving Louis a chance to flip and move onto his side. He was facing Harry, who was laying on his back now, head flat against the pillow, staring at the ceiling. Slowly, Louis shifted towards him, eventually being a measly inch away from him. He closed his eyes, okay with simply feeling the heat radiating from Harry's body.

Finally, Harry grabbed him, sliding an arm around his back and pulling him to where half of his body was against his bare chest. Louis laid his hand gently against Harry's soft skin, right on top of his butterfly tattoo. "Thank you," Louis whispered. He felt a soft kiss on the top of his head.

"You're welcome," he heard before finally going to sleep.

The alarm going off at 6:05 snapped Louis out of sleep. He let it go off until Harry began to shuffle. Harry walked around to Louis' sleeping body. Noticing his body uncovered, he grabbed the comforter and covered him, tucking him in tightly before going to the bathroom to prepare for work.