3.

"Here I brought this for you." Derrick smiled handing me a box. I opened it and it was a diamond heart necklace.

"Oh no Derrick I can't take this." I said as I closed it back as we continued to walk through the halls.

"Why not you deserve it, I really like you Ravaughn, I know I have a bad name around here but your not like the other girls and I wanna really get to know you." He said opening the door for me.

"Okay one chance." I smiled as I put the necklace away as I climbed the stairs on the bus. Today was the start to our senior trip in ATL for 3 days. I sat all the way in the back and placed my bag next to me signaling I didn't want no one sitting next to me. I pulled my iPhone gold out and plugged my beats in.

I scrolled through my music and choose my favorite song. Pass me the hookah by Young thug and Tyga. I looked up and saw Janine and Shawn sitting down in front of me. I shook my head chuckling to myself as I focused my attention on the window. I don't know why staring out the window was a habit. I felt a tap on my shoulder snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Can I sit here?" Jean smiled. Jean was my chemistry partner, she didn't really deal with to many people either.

"Of course." I said as I placed my bag on my lap. She nodded as she sat down. Jean was really pretty and reminded me of the singer Jhene Aiko.

"You can continue to listen to your music... I won't bug you." She chuckled as she pulled out her iPad mini.

"Girl don't worry it's not everyday I have someone sit next to me and be true to me." I said adding shade.

"I hear it." She said as I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled my beats back on as I looked at the phone seeing the familiar number.

-Can We Talk?

I sucked my teeth as I debated on whether I should text him back or not.

-Leave me the fuck alone, we have nothing to talk about.

I blocked his number locking my phone again and putting my head back I knew this was going be a long trip.

-

"Two beds per room, pick any person boyfriend and girlfriends you know what I mean by pick any person... by your gender." Mrs.Anderson said with a clipboard in her hand as we all stood in the main lobby.

"So I guess we rooming." I said to Jean as I picked up my leveler on my suitcase.

"Okay." I tapped Mrs.Anderson to inform her me and Jean would be together.

"Me and Jean will be rooming." She nodded her head handing us the key.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't." She joked making me and Jean laugh a little as we walked over to the elevator.

"I wanna go to the pool asap." Jean said as we got in the elevator pressing the 4th floor.

"Can we Atleast settle in and look around the place first sheesh." I chuckled as we stepped off the elevator only to see Shawn.

"Sounds good." She said as Shawn held the elevator for us.

"Vaughn please can you just hear-" I put my hand up I didn't want to hear it or him. People may think I was doing to much but I wasn't. How would you feel if you was kept a secret for 3 years by your best friend and the person you secretly loved.

"What's there to say Shawn?" I chuckled as I shrugged. Jean looked back and fourth confused on why me and him were even talking.

"Can you just give me a chance to explain?" He said with hurt in his eyes.

"I don't think you talking to me would be good for your reputation." I said smartly. He rubbed his hands down his face as he looked at me.

"I don't even care about that... I just want my best friend back." He said causing Jean to gasp.

"Give me time, I don't know when I'll be up to talk might be tonight maybe tomorrow or the next day." I said honestly as I looked at my feet. I felt his finger lifting my chin making me look at him.

"I truly am sorry I just imagine my future without you." I smiled a small smile as I nodded.

"Give me time." I said as I grabbed my suitcase and walked away towards our room.

"Um was I being punked back there?" Jean chuckled as I inserted the key into the hole turning it.

"I'll tell you inside." I said as I pushed the door opened. It was beautiful the living room was extremely big with a plasma on the wall and white leather couches.

"This shit is nice." Jean said dropping her stuff and running in the back.

"Yes it is." I mumbled to myself as I continued to the back with my luggage.

"These beds are life." She said plopping down on one. I put my luggage to the side as I sat down.

"Me and Shawn was best friends since freshman year and of course he instantly fitted in their type of lifestyle but I didn't, but that didn't stop us from being close he started noticing how distant I was and how I didn't have any friends so he started following but every night he would still come by text me and all that it's so bad that I'm in love with him Jean." I said breaking down crying out of nowhere. I barely cried and if I did it wasn't in front of people. She came over and hugged me.

"Does he know?" She said placing her chin on my head.

"Not at all."

"I wanna do something." I could tell she was smiling. I lifted my head wiping my eyes as I saw a sparkle in her eyes.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Makeover." She clapped but I didn't find it exciting.

"For what... to get his attention it's okay god made me this way I don't need to prove myself to no one." She shook her head.

"To let him no what he's missing out on of course your beautiful but I'm about to show you how to embrace it." She stood up walking out the room to I guess her luggages. That's one thing everyone knew even I knew Jean was going be a VIP makeup/Fashion designer she was very creative and different. I guess the only reason she didn't talk to many people was because she didn't have time for their B.S. She and I weren't in the same situation. At least some people respected her.

"Damn how long you thought we was staying?" I joked as she pretending to be dying.

"I gotta have just in case things but look." She said unzipping her suitcase. I sat on the floor so I could get a better look.

"Damn." I shrieked at how many color dyes she had.

"Pick one and it's time to straighten that hair out." I picked Aqua blue for my tips as she pulled out all types of makeup equipments. Again, I was going have a long night.