2.

"Okay so today is National poem day in this class, don't act surprised because we have been discussing this day so you all better have something prepared." Mr.Johnson said to us as he looked through papers. I knew I was going to be the first one because my last name was Acosta.

"Ravaughn your first." Mr.Johnson smiled as I stood up. I had on a sundress and I didn't like the way it hugged my curves and breast but since today was my birthday Ashanti insisted I wear it. I had two long goddess braids with some lip gloss. As I walked to the front of the class I heard whistles or sucking of the teeth. I took a deep breath as I looked at everyone staring a whole in my face as they waited.

"I never give people a chance to be in my life, because I'm so afraid they might hurt me... I'm dishonest because afraid they'll be dishonest to me. I'm closed in, because if I open up I'm afraid people might judge me. But I don't want to be afraid." Every once in a while I would look at Shawn as I read those honest words.

"That was excellent Ms.Acosta another A+." Mr.Johnson smiled as I nodded my head and walked over to my seat.

"Mr.Cooper your turn." Mr.Johnson said not so pleasant. Everyone including me looked over waiting for Shawn's response.

"I didn't get to it." He sighed annoyed.

"Well that's another F for you." Mr.Johnson said smartly.

"Man fuck this class." Shawn snapped standing up walking out the class.

-

I wiped the little bit of lip gloss off my lip as I looked at myself in the mirror. What did Janine have that I didn't? If I was Shawn's girlfriend when he left the class I would left with him. Janine and her 3 amigos walked in.

"So I have a question." Janine said locking the bathroom door.

"What?" I said not having time for her bullshit. Me and her had issues way before her and Shawn together she just didn't like me. But we all knew what that was about.

"Why was you eyeing the fuck out of my boyfriend?" She asked making her friends snicker.

"No one was staring at your ugly ass boyfriend." I snapped. She scoffed as she took her two Bamboo earrings out handing them to Justine.

"What did you just you say little bitch?" She said now in my personal space. That's one thing about me, yeah I minded my business and I was very sweet to people who gave me the same respect but when you were in my box I had a serious problem with you.

"I said no was staring at your ugly ass boyfriend." I said mushing her in the face. She charged toward me making me and her fall I grabbed her Brazilian weave and started banging her head on the marble floor and with the other hand repeatedly punching her in the face. Before I knew it punches were coming out of nowhere I knew it was Justine and Erica but that didn't stop me from damaging Janine's face. They dragged me off of her and started kicking and punching me. I heard a key being turned in the door. God was with me today.

"Hey stop." My math teacher Mr.Devon said grabbing Justine and Erica off me. I got up slowly as I held my head. I looked in the mirror and I only had a small black bruise on my cheek. Janine was the one that had to get sent to the hospital. I walked out and left the school buildings. The only reason I usually fight is because it always has something to do with Shawn and I'm tired of it. I walked down the block to our favorite ice cream/ Candy shop. I went to this store ever since I was a little girl and every time it was my birthday they would give me as much as I wanted. Today wouldn't be no exception.

"Hi Carla." I said as I sat down in the lollipop seat. She gasped as she walked around the counter cupping my face in her hands.

"What happened to yo mami?" She said in her thick accent.

"I just had a fight with some hating ass female over Shawn." I said feeling the tears coming.

"Again ese chico es nada màs que problemas."

"English English Carla." I chuckled as she wiped my tears.

"Nothing, does he still not claim you?" She said going back around the counter to fix my cookies and cream milkshake.

"As usual... I don't even know why I stay." I sighed as I rubbed my cheek. We heard the bell ding signaling someone came in. I turned and it was none other then Shawn.

"Go out back." Carla said handing me my milkshake. I nodded as I sipped on my milkshake making my way outside.

"You know she has to get 8 stitches?" He said frustrated.

"You know she came at me, so I handled my business." I said smartly.

"This is funny?"

"What's today Shawn?" I said folding my arms. He looked at me annoyed and confused.

"Friday." He shrugged. I chuckled as I shook my head.

"Indeed it is, it's also my birthday but you wouldn't know that because your head is so stuck up in Janine's ass you forgot about the only person who's ever true to your ass today is my day and I got attacked and you don't care... well guess what I don't care about this fake ass secretive friendship I'm tired of it I want someone who is going to be proud to have me as a friend not some punk ass nigga as yourself were done." I said feeling a weight being lifted off my shoulder. I walked past him leaving him in shock as I thanked Carla for the milkshake and making my way to the bus stop. I was going to see my parents without Ashanti, I needed to let my parents know things Ashanti didn't.