Marry That Girl

-----Nathan POV-----

We ended up going to the only restaurant in town, its called trails. Weird name for a burger place but the food was good.

Annie ordered and tried to pay I quickly stepped in front of her ordered a burrito boat and root beer float and paid for our food. She rolled her eyes and sat down with her family. She had no idea how crazy I was about her.

I sat down and  Tommy started the conversation, "How long you back for?"

"Two weeks," I said sadly.

"How long do you go back for?" Annie asked.

"Four months.." he whispered.

Her face fell and tears filled her eyes. My heart broke that I had to leave her. One more year and my contract was up. I'd never have to leave her then.

"Cuzzy, why you cry?" Katie asked.

She wiped her face not realizing she was crying, "I'm sad Nathan has to go away."

"Is he your husband?" She asked as Annie took a drink of her sprite.

She choked on her sprite and stumbled to answer her,"Uhm, uh..-"

"Not yet," I said laughing at Annie's reaction.

"Can I be in your wedding?!" She asked excitedly.

" Of course!" I smiled at her

Tommy and Natalie and they were laughing.

"Who said I wanted to marry you?" She asked me.

I smirked,"You didn't say you didn't want to."

"Maybe you should ask properly," She grumbled under her breath.

"One day I will," I said kissing her cheek.

Our food arrived and we ate with little conversation. Katie talked about kindergarten and her friends and toys mostly to me. When we went back to Annie's mom's house I kissed her and went home.

I walked home and got in my car I drove to the next town over and pulled up to Adams' Jewelers.

I knew they'd be closing soon but when I walked inside I seen a man behind the counter he had short brown hair he was tan and had wrinkles by his eyes from smiling.

"Welcome to Adams' Jewelers. I'm Tommy Adams how may I help you."

"I'm looking for a ring for my girlfriend. I want to propose tomorrow. I think she's a size seven."

"How about you tell me about her."

"She has a smile that could light up a room. She is the one sight my eyes never tire of, it's like I cannot get enough of her. She would be the one song left in my symphony, like she was made for me." (A/N: No copyright intended ^ that is lyrics Annie by Safetysuit)

He was slightly taken aback, "In twenty years no man has ever said anything like that. If I may ask what's the rush, why is tomorrow so important?"

" I'm on leave I have to go back to Iraq in twelve days and if she doesn't agree I'm spending those twelve days convincing her."

"I have the perfect ring, give me a moment." He walked into the back room and came back with a grey velvet box. He handed it to me.

I opened the box and it took my breath away. It was a huge circle shaped diamond. along the band were little diamonds. I knew it was the one.

"That happens to be a size seven. Also, we give military a fifty percent discount. The ring is originally fifteen hundred. Would you like to do a payment plan?"

"Can I do half this month and half next month?"

"Absolutely! I'm glad you came here. Your girl sounds amazing."

"She is Sir." I handed him my bank card and paid. He put the box in another box and gave it to me.

"Good luck," he said as I walked out.

When I got home Emma was sitting on the porch.

"Bubba, I'm so sorry. I just don't want you two to get hurt. If she makes you happy then okay. I love you both too much to be mad at you both for being happy."

"Can I tell you something?"

"Yes, of course."

"I'm going to propose to her."

"You'd better marry that girl!"

"I plan to. Will you help me?"

"Yes!" She was so excited she ran up to her room and came back down with a pencil and paper. We began coming up with a plan.

By the time we were happy with our plan it was one a.m. We hugged and went to our rooms. I drifted to sleep thinking of Annie.

A/N: There's a picture of the ring on my profile.