6

June 106:13 PM

June 10
6:13 PM.
Quavari Denver

We all sat on the plane on the way back to Long Beach. Defeat written on all of our faces. We looked all over Vegas and didn't find not a soul. Not a lead, not a clue, nothin. It was a complete dead end.

We have to go back and make sure this funeral is put together. The funeral is in 2 days and I have to make sure everything is on the dot exactly how she would want it.

6:30 PM.
Beatriz Buxton

"Bea can we talk?" Lee asked while I walked down the hall.

"About?" I asked with attitude.

He gripped my arm as he pulled me into a corner.

"What's up witchu? Why you actin like this all of a sudden?" He asked.

"Acting like what?" I asked squirming under his hold.

"Distant, like you not fuckin with me no more," he replied.

"I didn't mean to," I said trying to play it off.

"Then come with me to my office real quick," he said with a look of lust in his eyes.

I nodded and followed him to his office. He closed the door behind us before standing in front of me again.

"Your funeral is in two days, are you ready?" He asked.

"No," I replied honestly.

"Are you scared?" He asked.

I nodded and he stepped closer.

"Why?" He asked as he softly grabbed my hands.

"I don't want to get hurt," I said before taking my hands from his.

"You won't," he said.

"Actions speak louder than words," I said.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked staring in my eyes.

"I need an address, a name. I need to know where I am," I said.

He furrowed his eyebrows before asking, "why?"

"It's the only hope I have left. How can I accept a place when I don't even know what it is? I promise after this, we can be together. I'll let go of everything else but I need-"

"I can't give you that type of information," he said.

"Why? Haven't I given you everything without asking for anything in return? I never asked you for anything but to be real with me and if you can't give me something as small as the name of this place... I can't do this anymore," I said.