Loralai Luthera

How much did I want this job? A ton

How much did I want this job? A ton. I needed to have this. Why, you ask?

Well, ever since I was a little girl, I've been obsessed with architecture. Building blocks, Legos, you name it; if it was related to architecture, I had it and I loved it. 

That's why I was here, at Olympic Architecture, waiting to be admitted to Annabeth Chase's office.

Yup, the Annabeth Chase. You know, CEO of Olympic Architecture? She was young too, only about twenty when she first founded the place. Billionaire at twenty two and trillionaire only a year later. 

A young woman came out, her dark hair tied back in a neat bun. She had on a grey blazer and a pencil skirt, complete with a jewelry set that was silver. "Ms. Chase is ready for you."

I nodded and stood. The girl waked quickly and I followed her at a similar pace. She stopped in front of a grand door and opened it, revealing the inside of Annabeth's Office.

 She stopped in front of a grand door and opened it, revealing the inside of Annabeth's Office

Annabeth was sitting at her desk, reviewing some papers. The woman went over to her and whispered something. She nodded, gathered the papers and stood, smiling.

"Hello, Loralai. I'm Annabeth Chase, pleasure to finally meet you."

I blushed, and muttered "You too."

"Please." she gestured for me to sit down. I did. 

"So, in your résumé, you mentioned that you have a Bachelor's degree in Architecture." I nodded. "And you minored in Childcare and Marine Biology."

"Well, I love kids and the ocean."

She smiled warmly. "Do you have experience in Architecture?"

I nodded. "I did in fact, go to Rome for a college project for a year to study the architecture there. And I did the same in Greece."

"That's good." she was taking notes. "What did you observe?"

"The architecture is very similar in both places. I know they are both based off of similar mythologies but it was fascinating to actually see it. Many of the building are similar, like the Pantheon and Parthenon."

"What do you hope to get out of today?"

"I want to get this job, obviously. But also leave with a good impression. You're my idol."

She smiled. 

"That's all the information I need today. Thank you, Loralai."

I walked out the door.

Time Skip

"Hello Loralai."

I cautiously walked into Annabeth's office. "You're hired."

"Oh. Wait? I got the job?"

She nodded grinning.

I felt like I was in a dream. This was too good to be true. I jumped forward and hugged her. She stumbled back with an "Oh!" but eventually hugged me back.

I pulled away. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"I'll see you Monday."

Time Skip to Monday

Today went really well! It ended with Annabeth inviting me to her house for a dinner. She invited part of the company too. 

Apparently it was for a "First Day" party. I walked up to her mansion, there was tons of party decor. 

I walked in and there was suddenly  crowd of people surrounding me. "Welcome to the company, Loralai!"

"Than-"

I went silent because at that moment I saw something I had not expected to see. Never in a million years. It was Percy Jackson.

He was standing there, grinning like the idiot he was, greeting guests. He didn't even work here!

Annabeth walked up to me and congratulated me. "Loralai! Congrats on making it through your fist day here! I want you to meet someone."

She led me to Percy. "I thought this was employees and spouses only."

"It is. Percy is my fiance." 

She left for a minute for us to talk.

"Soo..."

"I would tell you I know tons about you because Annabeth talks all about you but truthfully I don't. Even if Annabeth did talk to me about her work, I wouldn't have a clue what she was talking about and probably wouldn't be paying attention. Phew! Now that that's out of the way, what's you name?"

"Loralai. I'm new-"

"Pfft! I know that! I'm not that dull!" he chuckled. 

"How did you guys meet?" I blurted. I couldn't help it. I hated prying into my boss's life but I needed to know. It wasn't like she was an open book after all.

"We were twelve years old. Dating since sixteen. Engaged for about half of a year."

"Wow."

He grinned. "I guess."

Annabeth climbed the stage. Yes, there was a stage. "I propose a toast."

Everyone raised their glasses in acknowledgement. "To Loralai Luthera. The newest member of Olympic Architecture."

"Loralai!" hey cheered.

Percy climbed the stage and kissed Annabeth on the cheek, who was sipping her champagne.

And that's how I met Percabeth.

Word Count: 794