The Fear Within Part 2.

Then.

Danny's world came back to him in bits and pieces of information with flashes of memories in between.

First, it was someone tackling him out of the way of a large mass of dripping black ink.

Then, all the air was suddenly forced from his lungs in a single blow. His chest hurt, his head was spinning, and he felt sick to his stomach.

Something was crawling on him, crawling all over him, covering every part of his body in a substance that he couldn't see.

Someone yelled his name in alarm, in anger.

Was the anger directed at him or was it directed at something else?

He couldn't recall.

He couldn't remember.

Something warm and thick and sticky started to cover his lower body. It was slowly rising higher and higher and higher.

He thrashed trying to keep his head from going under, trying to keep himself afloat.

There were hands on him, multiple pairs of hands, and screaming. A lot of screaming.

Was he the one who had been screaming?

The pleading had started as the hands started to lose their grip, fear gripped his heart then.

Was he the one who had been pleading?

Was he the one who had desperately clung to the last two pairs of hands?

Was he the one who wouldn't loosen his grip?

Danny couldn't remember.

His world only became black, pure blackness, pitch black, after that.

He knew nothing more than that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then.

The light was the first thing he saw when he woke up.

A warm kind of light that made Danny feel drowsy and want to fall back asleep.

It was so warm, like the first rays of sunlight had just drifted in through the window to caress the young man's skin with the lightest of touches.

Scratch that, the light was as harsh as a million suns and Danny desperately wanted it to stop its an assault on his eyes.

Groaning, the young man pulled the covers over his head and tried to go back to sleep.

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

There it was again!

That annoying beeping sound!

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!