Chapter 3

Brady Tutton as Cameron. Enjoy!

Also, Shout out to @Carolinebomb, all my other wesleyian friends, as well as @MissMo_1 and lady_aphrodite123

**************************

I grabbed my books for my next lesson, Literature. My attention was drawn to my phone when I received a text from Carrie.

I got tired of school, so I went home -Carrie

Noooo! This means I'll have to use the bus :(

Don't worry, you'll be fine, xoxo -Carrie

Oh, and you really need to talk to Cam ASAP! -Carrie

I sighed when I saw Cameron's name. Cam and I had been best friends since kindergarten, that was even longer than I had been friends with Carrie, who I'd met in second grade. We did almost everything together and it was in sophomore year that I began to see him in a different light. I hid my feelings though, because I was pretty sure he didn't like me that way.

Carrie encouraged me to confront him, to help me move on. But I just never got the chance to bring it up. I had finally made up my mind though, I had to tell him at lunch that day.

** ** ** ** ** **

I moved in the queue to take my lunch, glad at having a break from studying. I mean I'm a really good student and all, but school can just be tiring sometimes. I was broken away from my thoughts when I hear Jayden's voice.

"Hey Hadley, mind if I cut in?" he asked

"Yes, I very much do," I mumbled, rolling my eyes as he moved ahead anyways. Under normal circumstances, I'm pretty sure I would have shoved out of the way for elongating my wait for food, which as you probably guessed correctly, is the bane of my existence. Unfortunately, I had to tolerate his annoying presence, since I was still-albeit unsuccessfully- attempting to calm my nerves before meeting Cam.

"Well too bad, " he said, a playful grin on his face.

He paid the lunch-lady before finally leaving with a playful wink at my direction. I shook my head at his antics, and moved to pay for my lunch as well, offering the lunch-lady a smile.

"Don't worry about that darling, the kind boy before you paid for your lunch," she remarked, returning my smile.

Surprise was the emotion I felt. Huh, I guess he wasn't as inconsiderate as I had believed him to be. I gave the lady one last smile before heading to the football field. Cam had texted me to meet him there instead of at the benches we always sat on the school's campus.

I stopped as I reached the field and smiled as I immediately spotted Cam's figure waving at me from the bleachers. I walked briskly to him, careful not to spill my lunch at the same time.

"Hi Sar," says smiling at me.

He had a blonde curly mess he called hair, and bushy eyebrows. He had the most beautiful eyes; they were a dark turquoise with a hint of brown with a black ring around them. They were always light, full of mirth and mischief. He had a straight nose. He had prominent cheekbones that led to a defined jaw. He had rosy soft-looking lips. His top lip was thin, contrasting his plump bottom lip. Cam was wearing a navy blue hoodie, ripped jeans and converses today.

"Hey Cam, what've you been up to?" I took a seat beside him, popping a baby carrot into my mouth.

"oh, the usual, eating ten sleeping then watching tv, and then the cycle continues," he answered, flashing me a playful smile, "what about you?"

"Well nothing special actually," I answered.

Our conversation continued for a while, as we caught up on things.

I had decided that I was going to finally tell Cam, I had to, because even if he didnt return my feelings, I would be able to put this behind me.

I mentally encouraged myself.

"Sar?" he called.

I looked at him. He gazed at me unsure. I was filled with nervousness. I knew he had something to tell me and I knew it was serious. He wouldn't look so bothered if he wasn't.

"Spit it out, Cam," I said. I smiled at him encouragingly.

He let out a sigh, and let out two heartbreaking words,

"I'm gay,"