•20•

you & i

you & i

_____

dedicated to all my friends and readers
thank you for all your help and support
throughout this book, i love all of you <333
_____

🖤

1 year later..

I was sitting on the couch in the living room, waiting for Johnny. He texted me a while ago, telling me he'd be here in 10 minutes. 8 minutes had passed by since then.

My heartbeat started to race when I heard the door lock klicking, making me understand he was opening the door to enter the house. I quickly stood up and straightened out my clothes with one hand, before I walked over to the door. The door swung open revealing my husband, I smiled at him an pulled him inside.

"Happy birthday, Johnny." I said and pulled him in for a passionate kiss.

His hands slowly caressed my hips, while my fingertips played with his soft hair. Soon the kiss got deeper and I felt him yearning for more. I smiled, but pushed him away from me softly.

Confusion flashed over his face and he pouted. "But it's my birthday!"

I laughed. "Yeah and I have an amazing present for you."

"But that would've been amazing too if you wouldn't have stopped it." He complained, arguing like an eight year old.

"Maybe, come on let's go upstairs, I have a surprise for you." I smiled, trying to cover up my nervousness.

Despite the fact that I was nervous as fuck, I was also very excited, but even more worried. All in one you could say I had mixed feeling about this. I was afraid of how he would react, what would he do? What was going to happen? It was a big risk, but I loved him and I was willing to take it.

We made our way upstairs and I stopped in front of our bedroom. I raised my shaky hand and cracked the door open. I pecked my head inside the room, checking if everything was still in it's place. I sighed, it's time, here we go.

I pushed the door open and entered the room, Johnny following closely behind. I sat down on the small,comfortable armchair next to the small glass table, near the right front corner, feeling close to fainting.

Johnny followed my example and sat down on the armchair opposite me. On the cake were 21 candles, showing his age and also 3 years of us being together. He was 18 and I was 17 when we first met and later got together.

Next to the cake was a box. Wrapped in light blue wrapping paper, tied together with a pastel pink bow on the top. I chose those colors on purpose.

"Thank you baby, this is beautiful." Johnny breathed and gave me a huge smile.

I returned it and glanced at the box again, signaling him to open it. I was debating with myself if I really wanted him to open the box or not. His fingers reached for the bow and carefully began to untie it.

That's it, there's no going back now.

He opened the box and confetti in all colours fell out, some sprakling ones in between, revealing another small box. Pulling it out, he opened it to find pictures of us, memories of our own house when we first moved in and pictures of our wedding day and the day after.

Finishing looking through the pictures, his eyes darted to the last box from under the pictures. The final box, the real surprise. I grew anxious, my heartbeat again started to race and my palms started sweating. He reached for thw box and pulled it out, I closed my eyes as I heard him opening the box.

Silence, then, heartbeats later, gasping. Breath hitching, whispering.

"Oh my god."

I slowly opened my eyes. I looked directly into his now glossy emeral eyes, feeling the tears in the corner of my own eyes. He looked at me, tears starting to form in his eyes.

Tears of joy.

And that was the moment I knew it was the best present ever. I gifted him not just anything.

I gifted him his own child.

_____

THE END

_____