•11•

last summer_____

last summer
_____

dedicated to Ham4Sophie
for always being there for me and
keeping me updated
_____

🖤

"Turn right now." I said and pointed to the right direction. "I know where your house is, you don't have to guide me." he glanced at the road and chuckled.

"Right, sorry." I mumbled and burried my face in my hands. "It's just, I'm so nervous."

"I know, I know. Me too, but we have to do it."
he said and put his hand on my tigh to comfort me a bit. "Weren't you the one who didn't want to do it in the first place?" I asked and looked out the window while playing with a hairstrand.
"Yeah, but I thought about it and changed my mind." He said and smiled at me.

Then he turned back and focused on the road again. I sighed in fustration and leaned my head against the window. I saw the houses rushing past us and soon the streets became familiar to both of us, slightly too familiar. And then the car stopped in front of a house, which I knew too good.

"We're here. Are you ready?" Johnny asked me while I kept staring at the house. I nodded.

We got out of the car and went straight towards the door. I hesitated first, but as Johnny placed his right hand on my lower back, I grew confident and pushed the doorbell. Inside the house, I heard my mother yell, then the door swung open.

"Hello Ang- Mackenzie, come in." Melissa said and opened the door further to let us in.
"Come in Mackenzie. Wait- MACKENZIE?! Oh my good! Maddie come downstairs!" my mothers eyes widened and tears started to form.
"M-Mackenzie, oh lord- honey, where were you? Oh my god!" Melissa stared at my presence as if she would've seen a ghost.

"Hey, Mom." I said shyly and stepped away from Johnny, closer to her. As she did the same, I pulled her into a hug. And she started to cry, I held her and patted her back.

_____

last summer is still a bop fight me🤧🤷‍♀️