chapter 4- Cat and Crow

Magsimula sa umpisa

My heart wrenched after I said it. I just had to go and scold Hinata after he probably felt bad after getting blocked by that 7. What kind if person am I?

I sighed and walked away, feeling thoroughly guilty.

Soon after, we continued the match. Hinata was blocked almost every time he spiked. I wanted to give him some encouragement, but the words just wouldn't fit and it would usually get stuck in my throat.

He got blocked again.

"Hey... "

"Weird. It feels different this time. Last time when I got blocked, I didnt know what to do and it sucked, but this time, I know that nekoma is just barely keeping up with me. With you and me, and something, I may be able to hit it pass. " Hinata said.

He didn't look upset, but rather determined and eager.

My sun was still shining, and us shining brighter than ever.

My sun? Jeez what's wrong with me.

"Put the ball for me. "

He didn't have to ask, "of course I will. "

In a suitable position, I put the ball for him with the kings toss. But this time, he opened his eyes. And looked for the ball. He missed it and fell on his back.

"Karasuno Time out! "

I looked at him for a while, he noticed and started panicking.

"I didnt-its not like I didn't trust your toss, I was just trying to-" he stammered, trying to explain.

"What are you panicking for? " I asked.

"Kageyama! "

Ukai-san came over and said, "next time don't toss it directly in a straight line to Hinata, but toss it in an arc, OK? "

I nodded.

~time skip with Yamaguchi not able to serve over the ball and Hinata moving the camera away as Daichi was going to serve~

We tried, but it didnt go well. Hinata just kept missing the ball. Was i too fast? Too slow?  This was just so frustrating.

The ball came towards me, Hinata dashing to the side, I tossed it in an arc for Hinata and this time, he hit it, and got passed the blocker, but it was out of bounds.

"Again! "

It was our turn and I tossed the ball for Hinata again. We were all watching him, he looked like he was going to hit it, and it got past number 7.

I was glad Hinata managed to hit it, I tossed that one a little too high.

I went over and slapped his back, "good job. "

He looked at me and grinned. I felt like the whole room became warmed and brighter. Dang Hinata is such a bright sun.

~Time skip to end of practice match~

Hinata stood beside me as we said goodbye to Nekoma. Tanaka and Yamamoto were bawling at one side.

I turned around to see Kuro and Daichi shaking hand, smiling. But heck we could almost see the dark aura around them.

"God they are scary! " I said.

"They are even worse, " Hinata pointed to Ukai-san and Nekoma's assistant coach.

They were smiling, shaking hands, but their smiles were so terrifying.

Our bus came and we got on the bus, I sat at one of the back few seats and Hinata came and sit beside me.

"What do you think about the match today?" he asked.

"We gotta have more tactics... And you gotta train more. "

"I know. " he said.

The next five minutes were silent, I just stared out of the window, watching as the sun got gradually darker and the landscape change.

I decided to sneak a glance at Hinata, he was dozing off, but he would always wake up just as his head drooped down.

I didnt know what made me do it, but I pushed Hinata's head down onto my shoulder, giving him a 'pillow' to rest on.

He fell asleep in about three seconds. I observed him. He was cute when he slept, breathing in by his nose, exhaling in a little puff by his mouth. He was much quiet when he was asleep.

Without knowing, I was starting to doze off too. I was so tired I didn't care anymore. I rested my head on his head. He soft, orange curls against my cheeks. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.