Authors note and disclaimer

Hello people!

So this story holds a special place in my heart. I've struggled with an eating disorder since I was about twelve, where I first started attempting to starve myself in an attempt to get thin, thinking that if I could be thin, I would be beautiful.

I was never diagnosed with anorexia or anything like that but there were times when my weight was incredibly low and I was mostly just bones (even now I look back on the pictures I have of myself and feel sad that I've put a "healthy" amount of w. I've yo-yoed back and forth between this for many years now and it's been a huge struggle throughout my life. Although everything within this story is pure fiction, there are certain aspects within it based on my own life and experiences. 

Eating disorders are serious issues that are still to this day not addressed as it should be. So many young girls and boys are seriously influenced by society and what the so-called "perfect" man or woman should be - yes, women AND men. Guys suffer from eating disorders just as often as girls do. It's actually super common among guys.

The most important thing for people to understand is that while yes, an eating disorder is about the body, it is a (mostly) physical manifestation of a mental disorder. You can be all shapes and sizes and still suffer from an eating disorder. 

If you ever need someone to talk to, for advice or to just rant and rave, I'm nearly always available for a message. 

Disclaimer:

A lot of the following story will likely have triggers. Please read at your own discretion.