The Curse of a Half Blood Princess

If there's one thing a human can't stand, it's being in the presence of a demon. For hundreds of years, humans and demons have been at war, battling for dominance and strength over each other. If one "species" is to see the other, the result is nearly always death. 

This may not be such a tragedy in the eyes of many, but for me, it controls my life. You see, when my mother was a teenager, she rebelled against my grandfather and found herself a mate, one that would cause both she and I great sorrow in our lives. She was able to hide the fact that she had a child with the future king of the demons, that is, until I was born with the glorious red eyes and jet black hair of a demon along with my father's birthmark on my shoulder. If it weren't for her secured chambers and riches to buy dye and contacts, I dare not think what would have become of us.  

Though having my mother's skin color helped immensely, fitting in was still difficult. My heart longed for the day when I could be myself and not worry about my life being taken from me. Even more, I yearned for my parents to be together so we could be a family, just like my mother's brother had. That would be a dream come true. 

Someday, I'll find my father and bring our family together again. And someday, just maybe, I'll be free to be me.