Chapter Twelve: Clubbing... At The Club.

We finally figured out who the Kanima was. Jackson.

Derek took off to follow him along with Scott and Stiles. I had to stay behind to inform the police that the 911 distress call that Scott made was a mistake. I didn't mind too much, it gave me some time before I had to explain to Stiles how I got the bruises on my arm.

Allison offered to take Lydia home and I decided to tag along. Stiles agreed to pick me up as soon as he had the chance... and we really needed to figure out how to explain this all to Lyd.

Allison drove slightly slower than normal, it was an awkward, and silent drive to the Martin home. I was in the back seat tapping my legs nervously while Lydia stared out the window with a sour look stuck on her face.

Time trickled by with many questions lingering in the air. Allison pulled into Lydia's driveway and cut the cars engine. She gave a slight sigh before engaging Lydia in conversation.

"We need you to promise that you won't say anything about what just happened." Allison said with a serious tone to our strawberry blond best friend.

"I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if you can tell me... what the hell just happened." Lydia said in an exasperated tone, glancing between both myself and Allison.

"It's– it's kind of complicated." I started, not really knowing what to say or how to even remotely explain.

"Well, how about you start with why was Derek there? Or where Jackson went, or what is wrong with Erica?" Lydia asked while I racked my brain out in search of a good answer.

Lydia turned to Allison before continuing. "Oh, do you need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?" She said in an annoyed tone.

"Part of the reason why we are asking is because Scott and I aren't supposed to be seeing each other, okay? Ryder isn't supposed to be helping us do that either. So, it's better if you just keep what you know to yourself." Allison answered.

"Fine. I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend– which is nothing– to myself." Lydia said as she tried to exit the car. Allison grabbed her by her shoulder.

"Hey. He's not just my boyfriend. You get that, right?" Allison asked softly.

"Let me go." Lydia retorted.

"Lyd... please." I said trying to keep her in the car before Allison continued.

"Just for one second, please, try and remember–" Allison was cut off.

"Remember what?" Lydia said angrily.

"Remember what it feels like. All of those times in school when you see him standing down the hall, and you cannot breathe until you're with him. Or those times in class when you– you can't stop looking at the clock because you know that he's standing right out there waiting for you.

Don't you remember what that's like?" Allison finished.

"No." Lydia answered taken aback.

"What do you mean, "no"? You've had boyfriends." Allison asked. I already knew the answer to that question... but I kept my mouth shut and let Lydia answer that herself.

"None like that." My best friend said before fully exiting the car and walking swiftly to her front door.

"Well... that didn't go how I pictured." I said with a sigh as I climbed over the center console and into the front seat.

"Yeah, but what else can we do? She's better off not being involved." Allison said sadly.

"Yeah- I just wish we could explain it to her easily." I said before my phone started ringing. It was Stiles... he was coming to get me so we could follow after Scott and the Kanima.