What Happened to Her?

Start from the beginning

"I don't think that's it. Here," I handed her the letter.

"I'm not telling you to read it, but I want you to consider it at least."

"Maybe." She said and opened her eyes after sitting up. "Your eyes are really red." I said and she nodded. "Well I've been crying all day, so I would expect it to be."

"You're still not ready to tell me what happened, are you?" I asked.

"No. I'm sorry, but I just can't."

"It's okay. Whenever you're ready to talk, I'm here." There was a small smile on her lips.
"Thank you. I really appreciate it."

"Appreciate what?" I asked.

"Not pushing me and giving me some personal space. That's really one of the most important things that I want right now."

"What are the other things that you want?"

"Well I kind of miss my friends and my family, especially my horse." She laughed a little, remembering her horse Cherry.

"Is there anything else?" I asked.

"Well I mostly missed you the most to be honest."

"I've always been here."

"No not you, but you. You haven't really been yourself lately." I guess that's kind of true because I changed a bit. That's something that I'm fixing right now though. "I'm working on it. I'll be back once I get everything sorted out." I said.

"So why are you here, not that I don't want you here, but I just wanted to know why?" She asked and let her hair down from the high ponytail that she put it in.

"I already told you that I wanted to see you, because I missed you. And there was something else, but I'm not going to ask you yet."

"What's it about?" She asked.

"Not yet." I answered, shaking my head.

"When?" She asked.

"Soon." I said my infamous line and she rolled her eyes playfully. "Yeah okay." She said.

"So do you still not want to be touched?" I asked.

"It depends really."

"On what?"

"Who's touching me, how, and where."

"I don't get it."

"I'm fine with simple hugs, but I don't know about how I feel about other things." She explained.

"Hand holding?"

"It's okay as long as you're not hurting my hand."

"Kissing?"

"Subtle. Like light pecks."

"What about anything else?"

"Nothing sexual. I'm not comfortable with that at all." She said.

"Understandable. So is it okay if I give you a hug?" I asked. "Sure." She held out her arms and I held her in a nice embrace. "Getting comfortable, huh?" She joked and I nodded.

"You're my home." I said. "Because you know home is where the heart is, and you have my heart and I don't want it back."

"Really Carpenter?" She laughed at my pun.

"You love me." I said and she nodded.

"Yes I do."

"But seriously though, you're my home." I said.

"As you are mine." I awwed quietly and my heart sped up a bit. "Mi amor, te amo Sabrina." This girl is going to make my heart explode.

"Do I have to let go?" I asked, hearing someone knocking on the door downstairs.

"Well considering that someone's knocking on the door, I would say yes. Sorry Bri." I let go and she went downstairs, but not even a minute later she ran back upstairs. "Can you call Jake? Please?" I quickly did as I was told and he said that he was on his way.

I looked back at Y/N and she looked like she was having a panic attack. I was by her side in a split second. "Calm down Y/N. Breathe. Can you do that for me?" I said soothingly, rubbing her back so she would calm down.

"I can't." She said and I grabbed onto both of her hands.

"Yes you can. Just copy my breathing okay. In... And out. In... And out. You're doing good Y/N." She started calming down and her breathing soon went back to normal. There was loud banging on the door and then sirens.

"Everything is going to be okay Y/N. Trust me." I said. A gunshot rang out and then there was a lot of yelling outside. I don't know how long it was until the sirens went away and it got completely quiet.

There was a soft knocking at the front door again, only in a sort of pattern. I went downstairs, telling Y/N to stay up here, and looked through the peephole to see it was Jake.

I opened the door and he hurried in quickly. I shut and locked the door behind him. "Y/N? Is she okay?" He asked and I nodded. "She's in her room right now."

"You left her alone?" He asked in disbelief and rushed upstairs and I ran behind him, catching up. The door was closed and I twisted the knob to see that it was locked.

"Y/N, can you open up the door? Or at least unlock it?" Jake asked softly.

"Is Sabrina still there?" She asked.

"Yes I'm right here Love. Can you open the door?" The door soon opened and she sat back down on the bed. I sat right next to her and Jake sat on the other side of her.

"What happened before I got here? All I heard was sirens and a gunshot?... I don't know." Jake said.

"He came over here." Y/N said quietly, playing with her fingers.

"Who's he?" I asked and she shook her head. "Nobody that I want to remember. Someone who I wish I never even met."

"Wait, I have a question Sabrina. Do you seriously not know what's going on?" Jake asked and I shook my head no. "She never told me so no. She probably doesn't even want to tell me." I answered

"It's not that I don't want to tell you. It's that I can't tell you." She said.

"Y/N, there's something you need to know." Jake said to her.

"What is it?"

"You might want to tell her now, before she gets the wrong idea about what actually happened."

"Why?" He whispered something in her ear and her eyes widened. "Are you kidding me?! So it's just going to end up like the whole Taylor situation again?" She looked like she was about to burst into tears.

"Wait a minute Y/N. I'm not going to force you to tell her, because I know that this isn't something that is easy to talk about. Just take it slow, but maybe just consider it."

"You want me to consider telling her what he did to me?! Are you fucking insane?!" She yelled at him and then started yelling in Japanese. I know she's been learning it for a while now, since Jake had been teaching her. The only thing that I understood was her calling him stupid.

"Y/N. Calm down." I said, noticing that she was getting infuriated from their conversation.

"Calm down?! You're not the one that has to deal with this and you didn't get-" She started yelling, but then quickly stopped herself from saying anything else.

"I'm not the one who has to deal with what?" I asked. She looked at Jake and he nodded. "You're not the one who has to deal with getting r-" Her phone started ringing, interrupting what she was about to say.

Before she could answer it, I grabbed her phone and turned it off. "Sabrina, that could've been really important."

"Nothing is more important than what's been happening to you. Now tell me what's wrong."