What Happened to Her?

Sabrina's POV

For the next couple of days, I've been trying to figure out what happened to Y/N. It's gotten to the point where she stopped talking to anyone really, except Jake, and she doesn't even come out of her house unless she's going to work.

Our friends have tried to go to her house, but she wouldn't open the door. Today I decided to call her for like the tenth time. As expected, it went straight to voicemail.

"I'm sorry, but you called at a bad time. And every time is probably going to be a bad time sorry." My song played. I groaned in annoyance and tried again. Still no answer.

"Hey Sabrina, maybe you should call back later. She's probably at the studio." Sarah peeked her head through the door.

"She's not. I already checked and she left earlier." I said and was about to call her again, but Sarah snatched my phone out of my hand. "Hey!"

"Just go to her house then. Maybe she's sick." Sarah said.

"That's, that's not a bad idea." I got dressed and walked to her house. I knocked on the door, hoping that she would answer.

"Who is it?" Her voice called out, a little raspy.

"Sabrina." I said.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"To see you. Can I come in?" I asked and I heard the door unlock. I opened it, but she wasn't downstairs. I went up to her room, and found her laying face down on her pillow. I locked around and saw that she redecorated her room.

"Are you okay?"

"I guess."

"So how've you been?" I asked and she shrugged and sighed. "I don't know. Honestly, not really good. Terrible actually."

"Nightmares?" I asked.

"Every night now." She answered and it wasn't until now that I noticed how tired she looked. "What about you? How've you been?" She asked.

"I'm good." I said. There was a awkward silence soon after. I looked around her room and noticed how everything was new and different.

"So you redecorated your room?"

"Yeah." She said.

"It's nice."

"Thanks." She said. "Did you finish reading the journal?" She asked, laying on her side but not facing me. "Yes." I answered. I finished it yesterday. I wish she didn't have to have gone through everything in the past.

"You lied to me." I said.

"About what?" She asked, confused.

"Your dad. He left when you were 9, not before you were born." I said.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't remember him at all and I only know what my mom told me." I pulled out her journal and showed her the page when it talks about her father.

"James Johnson." I said and gave her her book. "That's was your dad's name. I thought you would have liked to know at least his name. He um, sent you a letter too. I didn't think that you would have wanted to read it though. I have it with me if you want it."

"When did he send me a letter?" She asked.

"3 days ago. I didn't read it."

"I don't want it. He didn't care about me before, so why would he care now?"

"Bearbear, don't you want to at least know why he left?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No. He didn't want to be my dad. That's why he left."