fourteen. an accident

an accident

( severely, severely unedited, i wrote this a few years ago and it's desperately in need of a rewrite )

Mila had spent a total of seventeen years of her life in New Zealand, the smallest of countries situated at the very bottom of the world. The two islands entitled the North and the South were to the brim with green shrubs and bushes, giant trees looming over all those who tread on the verdant lawns below.

New Zealand was a land of utter beauty if nothing else, a country in which mountains fastened themselves to the skies and rainbows developed in the form of wildflowers.

Christmas, each year, was enacted on the beach, miniscule grains of sand seeping through their toes as a rugby ball was passed around in a game of sports. The end of the day was commemorated with a hefty sized pavlova, garnished with pieces of kiwi fruit, strawberries and the intermittent blueberry.

New zealand was all but spectacular, yet despite the glorious green reigning over the land or the family barbecues in the midst of summer, nothing within the small country could possibly compare to the euphoric feeling of standing upon the red carpet, cameras flashing from left to right in a desperate attempt to get the best shot.

Mila felt confident and beautiful with the biggest of grins shaping her face as hundreds upon thousands of questions were flown towards her by interviews, their microphones in one hand and a list of queries in the other.

She answered the questions thrown at her with the best of her ability, pink lips shaping upwards occasionally. Each and every time she changed her pose, a dozen cameras would go off, each photographer trying to get the best possible shot.

"Mila, is it true you want a relationship with Tom Holland?"

"Are you excited to be one of the first to see Spider-man:Homecoming?"

"What of your new collaboration with makeup brand, Stila?"

"How long have you been friends with Laura Harrier?"

Mila inched closer to the interviews and their cameramen, a delicate smile adorning her face as she thought of her answer. Her dress hit against her knees with each step. "I was nineteen when I met Laura so I think about a year, a year and a half maybe."

She listened intently to the sound of pens, ones belonging to journalists scrawling across paper, recording her answer word by word so that they could later print it in their magazines and articles. "Do you share relationships with any other castmates of hers?" they asked.

Her lips parted slightly as Mila attempted in thinking of an answer. "I mean I met Tony Recolori for a few seconds like ten minutes ago but I don't think that counts so no, I haven't."

She answered question after question before forcibly being moved further down the carpet, Laura and Kj standing mere feet from her. Laura was far busier than the two best friends, reason being her large role in the premiere's movie.

Mila strolled closer to KJ, steering clear of the photographers and interviewers on the way. She adorned a dress of navy blue, a sleek black leather bustier layer overtop in addition to matching long sleeves. Ruffled layers of sheer black fabric featured at the base and to top it off, a pair of metallic silver laced up boots she bought only the other day. It was an outfit she all but adored, having purchased it from Dolce & Gabbana many months prior.