Ten

Same shirt, different day, and I'm at the bar and it's 6pm and Alyssa's still at work. So help me god if she founds out I'm at the bar, she's going to flip. I took a sip from the glass feeling the devils liquid go down my throat. Almost there, I told myself.

Some guy sat down next to me and I nodded at him as I pointed to my glass telling the bartender more. He poured more into my glass as the guy next to me tapped my arm. "Hey, uh, what're you drinking?" My head was in my hand and my elbow was against the bar keeping my head up. "I don't even know, I just told them to give me the strongest thing they have." I blink tiredly at him. "Rough night?" He asks. "Try a rough 2 months," I took another swig of my drink. "Oh, yikes," he chuckled. I didn't laugh.

"What happened if you don't mind me asking?" I shrugged. "Don't really wanna talk about it man, came here so I can try and forget it." The guy nodded, "good point." The guy waved a bartender over and told him that he would have what I was having. "I'm here because I can't stop thinking about this horrible car crash I was in a couple months ago." I adverted my eyes to him.

What?

He saw that I was looking at him, "yeah, it was pretty bad, I came out okay, just a minor concussion, but I don't really know what happened to the other person." He took a sip of his drink. I sat up slowly, "what, um," I cleared my throat. "What kind of car was it? The car you crashed into, I mean?" The guy shrugged, "it was a 2012 Toyota Corolla, I'm pretty sure." My stomach felt like it dropped, I was just staring at this guy, wanting nothing more than to bash his teeth in. That was Aubrey's car. That was my wife's car. "That was my wife's car." I was squeezing the glass in my hand. "What?" The guy looked at me. "That was my fucking wife's car. You fucking killed my wife!"

I jumped up from my seat pulling him off his and pinning him to the ground as I threw my fists at his face. "You fucking bastard! You took her away from me, you asshole!" I started crying as I continued punching him. There was a crowd around us and the bartender yelled at me and pulled me off of the guy. The other guy stood up holding his nose as it bled. "Dude! I'm so fucking sorry!" He looked at his bloody hands. "Fuck you! You took my happiness away," I tried to get out of the bartenders grip but he was a bigger dude and threw me out of the bar, literally.

I walked to my car as I sniffled and once I was in, I punched the steering wheel. "Fuck fuck fuck!" I started balling.