Chapter 33 - Hospital blues.

*QUICK AUTHORS NOTE* for some reason the outfit's for previous chapters are not showing up anymore, i', doing the best i can to get them fixed and back up.

_________________________________________

Ross

I woke up in a hospital bed, and my family was around me. I'm not so sure how i got here or what had happened.

"Oh thank god you're okay" My mother smiled as she stroked my head.

"What happened?" i asked looking arond the room.

"You got your ass kicked." Rocky and Riker laughed a bit and rydel hit them both in the back of their heads.

"Ross, how many times have we told you not to fight guys who have taken martial arts classes." Ryland laughed.

"I fought someone?"

"Well, no.. you got your ass kicked by Scarlett's ex boyfriend." Rydel crossed her arms.

"Scarlett? where is she! is she okay?!"

"yeah, she's fine dude. she's on her way here. she'll be here soon." riker gave me a ressuring smile.

Knowing she was on her way made me relax a bit.

"But, you're suspended for a week." Riker's smile faded.

"And you also got Scarlett suspended.. So she's kinda mad at you." Rocky rubbed the back of his neck.

"I didn't mean to..."

"Don't sweat it. It was probably all worth it. That guys was a lot stinger than her. Who knows what could've happened? You saved her." Riker walked over to my bed side. "Once her anger wears off, she'll be looking at you like a hero."

I smiled. Just then the door opened.

And the room got silent.

No one said a word as she made her way over to my side and sat down on the stool besides the bed.

Still no one said anything until.

"Maybe we should give you guys some space?" Mom opened the door and everyone shuffled out except for me and her.

It was quiet for a bit, so I broke the silence.

"Are you mad?"

"No?" Her voice cracked.

"You seem mad."

"Well, I'm not."

"But you-"

"Can it Ross!" Her voice grew loud. And I stayed quiet.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to snap."

"It's okay, Scarlett."

"You had me worried sick you know?"

"Why?"

"Cause I knew you couldn't take him on."

"Why didn't you say something?"

"You're stubborn.. You wouldn't have listened."

The room got quiet once again.

"My god, Ross... Do you know how horrific it was?"

"The fight?"

"Yeah.. I thought he was going to kill you."

"It was that bad?"

"Yeah.... Nothing was stopping him."

"Well.... What did? What ended it."

"I jumped in the middle."

I looked at her, but she refused to look back. She sat back, twiddling her thumbs.

"Did you get hurt?"

"No.. You protected me."

"How?"

"When I jumped in the middle, you had an instinct. You grabbed me and spun me around.. Making me kick Jason in the face with my heel. We... Kinda poked his eye out."

"Oh god.. That must've been gruesome."

We both chuckled a bit.

"Yeah.. It was gross looking."

"Who won the fight then?"

"I did.. I guess."

That made us laugh a bit harder. She then got up and crawled into the bed. She placed her head in my chest and I held her close.

"Hey, Scarlett."

"Yes?"

"This is probably the worst time to tell you... But.."

I stopped.

"But what?"

I cupped her face in my hands and I looked down at her beautiful eyes. I licked my lips and stared at her perfectly shaped lips. They were pink and plump. Mine began to quiver. And I slowly made my way towards her lips. They touched and sparks flew wildly. Our mouths began to move in sync and our tongues danced. I pulled away and touched my forehead to hers.

"I love you."

She said nothing.. Just stared at me.

"I love you so much.. It hurts." My voice began to crack. "You mean the complete world to me scar.... I've never felt like this.. With anyone.. You light up my world. You're perfect In every way. And I want to spend every second by your side. I want to love you forever. I'm deeply in love with you..."

She smiled.. And pressed her lips to mine.

"I love you too, Ross."

"You do?"

She nodded.

I held her a bit closer. And the door opened once again and Ryland walked in.

"Doc said you can go home n-" he stopped when he saw me and scar cuddling on the hospital bed. "How cute.. But we gotta go. So, get ya ass up and get ready."

All of us laughed and scar made her way out of the bed and out of the room. I got changed, and made sure I had everything I needed as I exited the room and waiting in line to be discharged.