twenty niNe

*many months later*

the bell above the door to the coffee shop rings as johnny walks in, the warmth heating up his cold hands. he breathes out, looking for his friends and smiles when his eyes finally land on them as they sit in a booth near the back.

walking over, johnny slides in next to hayden, the two of them exchanging a glance quickly.

"there he is, only half an hour late" carson gasps, sarcasm lacing his tone. johnny rolls his eyes at the blondes comment.

"fuck off, i was dropping kenzie off at the mall" he tells his friends, taking a sip of his hot coco that hayden ordered for him.

"annie's at the mall" hayden exclaims.

"yeah and so is nadia" darius, their newest bestie and nadia's boyfriend, says.

"ah shit" carson exclaims, pounding his fist on the table.

his friends turn to look at him, confused as to why he's in a state of anger.

"what's wrong with you?" johnny laughs. carson shoots his friends a glare.

"our girls are all at the mall and that means they're shopping for valentine's day presents for us" carson complains.

darius smiles, "and why would that be a bad thing?" he asks.

"yeah and when did you and brynn make it official?" hayden asks, johnny nodding along, just as confused as his friends.

carson groans, he hadn't realised that he let the secret slip. truth is, he and brynn have been dating for a while but they wanted to keep it a secret. guess that's not going to happen anymore thanks to carson and his big gob.

"i'll explain about that later but he reason we're fucked is because when girls shop together it usually means that theyre gonna have lots of opinions which then means they'll be getting us the best gifts ever and i can't compete with that, i only got brynn a teddy bear and chocolates" carson rants on, slumping down in his seat some more.

hayden scoffs, sipping his ice tea. he has a confident look on his face as he clears his throat.

"i'm not worried at all because i have made annie the best gift ever, it's made from the heart " he says proudly.

his friends look at him with unfazed expressions.

"did you get this idea from johnny again?" carson asks bluntly, earning himself a slap on the head from hayden.

johnny laughs, darius joining in which only causes hayden's outburst to increase, he glares at his friends.

"no actually, this one came from pinterest" he grunts.

as the laughter increases, darius unlocks his phone and opens up his camera roll, scrolling for a while until he finds what he's looking for. he shows his friends the screenshot of the gift he got nadia.

"you got her a trip to iceland?" carson asks, confused but amazed.

"why iceland?" johnny questions, zooming in on the photo.