41

Lyra (1)

We came to the temple to talk to my father. We walked into his studies while he was on the phone. When he saw us all walk in, he was flabbergasted.

"I have to go, call me back the minute you hear anything." He quickly hung up the phone before standing up. "Lin, what are you- you should be in the hospital!" My father points to us now. "And you four - you should be in prison!"

I nervously waved at him, "Hi dad."

My father quickly walks over to me and pulls me into a hug. "Oh, Lyra. I tried to get you all out, but Chief Saikhan was being incredibly stubborn."

I pulled away from him and slightly smiled. "Don't worry about it, dad. We appreciate your help."

"I figured you could use our help finding Korra." Beifong said.

Mako stepped forward, "Do you have any leads?!"

"I've been on the phone all morning, but nothing yet." My father responded. Mako furrowed his brows, "We need Naga! She can track Korra."

My father looked down at me while putting his hand on my shoulder. "I'm afraid her polar bear dog is missing as well."

"Then where do we start?" Bolin asked.

"My guess is the Equalists are hiding under ground in the maze of tunnels beneath the city." Beifong suggested.

"Underground... just like my father's secret factory." Asami looked down in distraught. "Figures."

Bolin places his hand on his chin, "Yeah, yeah. That makes sense. When those Chi blockers had me in their truck, it sounded like we drove into a tunnel."

Mako raised his brows, "I know where to start looking, c'mon!"

>>>

Mako directed my father as he steered Oogi. Once he landed, we all jumped off from his saddle. Mako walked to the front of the group. "The truck with Bolin took off this alley."

We followed him down the said alley. At the end, there were various paths we could take.

"Which way?" Asami asked. Bolin stepped forward, "Hm, this way kinda... smells familiar."

Beifong stepped onto the ground to find any clues. We waited a few seconds until she pointed down one of the paths. "There's a tunnel nearby."

We followed her to the said tunnel. Once we found it, we quickly run over to it. It was blocked by a metal gate. Beifong kneeled down, "Motorcycle tracks."

"Korra has to be in there. Somewhere." Mako hoped. Beifong bended the gate open and we walked in. Mako and I bent a small flame over our palms for light.

We continued walking until there were four smaller tunnels. "How do we choose?" I asked.

"Let's try this way." Mako once again took the lead. Asami cocked a brow, "And what if Korra's not down there?"

"Then we pick another tunnel until we find her!" The way Mako raised his voice at her upset me. As Asami and Bolin trailed behind, I caught up with Mako.

"You need to calm down." I told him. He furrowed his brows together, "What are you talking about?"

I sighed, "You're tired and frustrated - so are we, Mako. We all have the same goal. Don't take it out on Asami."