10

Lyra (1)

"Mako!"

Mako and Korra both turned to me with confused expressions. Once I reached them, I put my hands on my knees and tried to catch my breath.

"There you are! I was starting to worry about you too!" Mako said.

"Bolin might be in trouble." I finally said. Mako furrowed his brows, "What do you mean?"

"He left with Shady Shin earlier. I tried to look for him but I had no luck so I finally came to you. You're the only one who knows where he could be."

Mako groaned, "Told you he has an act for getting into stupid situations. I gotta go." When he turned around, I grabbed his hand to stop him. "I'm coming with you."

Mako shook his head, "If Bolin's with the triad, then I'm sure as spirits not letting you anywhere near them."

"Hey cool guy, let us help you. We can take Naga." Korra said. "Who's Naga?" Mako asked.

"My best friend and a great tracker."

Mako sighed, "Alright. But you stay next to me the whole time."

I nodded, "Whatever you say boss."

>>>

"Your best friend is a polar bear dog... somehow that makes perfect sense." Mako half-smiled.

"I'll take that as a compliment city boy." Korra replied.

Mako told Korra to go to Central City Station so he could talk to Skoochy - see if he's heard anything about the triads.

"He's right there." I said while nudging my head to Skoochy. Mako and I got off of Naga and approached him.

"Skoochy."

He turned around and smiled at me, "And you're back."

"We wanted to know if you heard anything about what's going on with the triads. Why did Shady Shin want Bolin?" I asked him.

"Hm, my memory is a little foggy. Maybe you could clear it up for me." Skoochy smirked.

Mako rolled his eyes and handed him a bill, "Why'd he leave?"

"Shady Shin showed up and flashed some serious cash. Bo took off with him in his hotrod. The Triple Threats, the Red Monsoons, the Agni Kais - all the triads are musclin' up for something real big. Now that's all you're gettin' outta me!" Skoochy finished before he ran off.

"What's he talking about?" Korra asked.

"Sounds like there's a turf war brewing. And Bolin's about to get caught right in the middle of it." Mako replied. He looked down at me, "Lyra, please stay."

I shook my head, "No way."

"It's a turf war! Those get way too violent way too fast, I- ugh, what if I can't protect you!"

"You don't need to. I'll be fine, so stop arguing with me so we can get Bolin!"

Mako nodded before we ran back to Naga and got on. Mako made sure that I was seated in the middle and that his hands were safely around my waist.

Once we were out of Central City and there weren't a lot of people around, Korra had Naga run. "So where we headed?"

"The Triple Threat Triad's headquarters! Hopefully Bolin's there and nothings gone down yet."

"Triple Threat Triad? I beat up some of those yahoos when I got into town. Why would Bolin get tangled up with-"

Suddenly, Naga roared and sped up her pace. Her sharp turns made Mako tighten his arms around me. "Woah Naga!"