Ch. 8 Hypocrites

-MENTIONS OF SUICIDE WARNING-

-BAD LANGUAGE THAT YOU KIDS SHOULDN'T USE-

No.

NOT TODAY.

It's too good of a day to die.

I willed myself to move, screaming and tugging at it on the inside, but it wouldn't budge. Mustering all my strength, I stuck my foot outwards, pivoting my whole body, pointing towards the church doors.

If I'd remembered correctly, Kaminari had said that a vampire would get caught 10 feet onto premises.

But now, as I see Bakugou right in front of me, I'm not so sure anymore. Just as I was about to move my feet away towards the doors, I felt an arm latch onto mine. It was Denki's.

"Where are you going?" Kaminari questioned, giving me a suspicious glare before letting go with a sigh. "You look like you've seen a vampire." I nearly choked. If it weren't for us being in church, I would've yelled at him. For now, I wasn't going to do anything that would make that Bakugou turn his head 90 degrees east oh no-

"Eijiro Kirishima?"

I jumped up and flinched, visibly. I looked up to see that pastor staring at me, speaking into the microphone. There was something about that pastor that was different from usual, but I couldn't guess what. "You're blocking the aisle; could you move down?"

I nodded in response, making my way next to Kaminari, mind numb with what just happened as I felt everyone, everyone's, eyes stare at me.

Then, I felt the pair of red eyes searing through my back.

"Oh GrEAt," I mumbled, slouching in my chair, using Kaminari as a barricade. I swear that Bakugou saw me, but he took no action whatsoever.

Ha. You can't do anything to me in a church.

I hope?

"Be quiet now, Kirishima," Kaminari whispered, "The service is starting."

Five minutes in and I shook my head in frustration.

Oh, I wasn't going to be happy, sitting here talking about my religion while some unnoticed vampire was 10 feet away from me. That's not going to happen today. Just as I was about to excuse myself to go and run to the "bathrooms," the speakers boomed to life with a new voice.

"I'm sorry we didn't inform you sooner, but I'm sure you've all sensed a few unusual people at church today."

Everyone's attention snapped towards Bakugou, tension forming everywhere. Only then did I notice that he wasn't alone. It had seemed that the whole "royal" family was there. Mitsuki and Masaru Bakugou were their names. They all sat in exalt, ignoring the piercing glares they received.

"It's the day of the sacrifice."

Oh no, they didn't.

Oh no, they didn't just say that.

As if I had deja vu, everyone cranked their heads towards me. The Bakugou family was staring at me too.

Please, not today.

"Due to an unfortunate situation last time, we have postponed it."

Unfortunate my a- butt.