Black Suit Black Tie Standing in the Rain

I walk down the aisle way in my black tight at the waist dress that goes down to my knees, the sleeves are short and leave my shoulders exposed. Brea comes up to me, and taking my hand leads me to Piper. Piper and Brea are wearing matching black dresses, Pipers hair is down and curled; whereas Brea's hair is pulled back into pigtails with the ends curled.

"Are you guys okay?" I whisper to them. "I know how hard this is,"

"We're fine," Piper replies solemnly, Brea leans up against me.

"Where's your dad?" I ask them, Piper shrugs.

"We gather here today to commemorate the life of  Rylee Allen,"

***

After the funeral ends I find Barry standing in the hallway.

"Hey Barr," I say placing my hand on his arm.

"He didn't come," he whispers, I know he's trying his hardest not to cry. "Joe didn't come," his voice breaks and he falls into me crying. I hug him tightly just like he'd hold me.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, while he cries. "I'm sorry Barry," I single tear forces it's way out of my eye.

"You were her favourite you know," he says. "Rylee, you were her favourite," I smile slightly at the memory of Barry's wife. "Why did she have to die? It's not fair,"

"I know, it's not. She was so happy and care-free, she would dance down the hospital hallways when she got the chance to." I hear Barry laugh quietly. 

"She was perfect," he mutters.

"Yeah, she was,"

A/n: Okay, so a lot of you wanted me to update this story so here you go, this is really short because it's a memory quite obviously. I do a lot of writing so I can't promise I'll always update because I try to update my more popular stories like The Reason and For Better or Worse. Thank you for being so patient and I hope you enjoyed.