Particle Accelerator Explosion

Caitlin opened her eyes she saw people running around and screaming. “Cisco what happened?” She asked.

“The accelerator exploded.” he paused realizing who he was talking to. “Caitlin, I'm so sorry.”

“Wait where's Ronnie I thought you two.” Caitlin stopped talking the look on Cisco's face explained everything.

Caitlin ran past Cisco and down the halls of star labs she stood in the parking lot tears streaming down her face. She walked into the street and stared at the damage.

“Yes copy that.” a police said. “Barry Allen was struck by lightning!” He yelled.

Caitlin's eyes widened. She got into her car and drove to Barry's house. When Caitlin arrived she knocked the door. “Girls it's me Caitlin, open up!” a few seconds later the door opened, Caitlin stepped inside.

“Caitlin, what happened.” She heard the voice of Barry's second child Brea ask.

“Nothing for you to worry about okay.” Caitlin whispered, slowly she sat down on the floor.

“What's wrong?” Piper asked.

“Um, you remember Ronnie right.” Brea and Piper nodded. “Well something went wrong at the place where he worked, and he died.” Caitlin could feel the tears running down her face. Piper and Brea hugged her.

“Where's dada?” Brea asked. Caitlin's breath hitched in her throat. How was she going to tell these girl that their dad was struck by lightning.

“Um, your dad was struck by lightning.” Caitlin whispered, she heard Piper whimper. “Hey, hey, hey don't cry.” Caitlin hugged piper and Brea. “We're gonna get through this, together okay. I promise I'm not gonna leave you two.” Piper cried into Caitlin's shoulder. Caitlin stroked her hair. “It's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay.” Caitlin whispered she cradled piper in her arms until piper fell asleep. Carefully she lied piper down on the couch putting a blanket over her. Brea was still much too little to understand what happened. Brea had fallen asleep on a chair in the living room. Caitlin's phone rang.

“hello.” She said she rubbed her eyes.

“Caitlin, we need you at the central city hospital immediately, it involves Barry Allen.” She heard the voice of her boss Harrison wells say.

“I'll be right there.” Caitlin hung up, she looked at Piper and Brea who were sleeping peacefully. Caitlin knew she shouldn't leave them alone so carefully she picked them up and carried them to her car. She felt piper stir in her arms.

“Caitlin?” Piper asked groggily.

“Shh, it's okay Piper go back to sleep.” Caitlin whispered, piper obeyed falling back asleep in Caitlin's arms. She drove to the hospital when she got there she realized something. She grabbed her phone and called Dr. Wells.

“Is there someone named Joe West there?”

“Yes.”

“Damnit.” Caitlin cursed. “Thank you Dr. Wells I'll be there in a minute.” Caitlin had to leave Piper and Brea in the car because Joe didn't know about them. He disapproved of Barry marriage and he didn't even come to Barry's wife's funeral a few months ago. Caitlin hurried in the hospital quickly finding out what room to go to. When she arrived Joe was arguing with Dr. Wells, she rolled her eyes. She looked past them and saw Barry lying in the bed. She walked over to him

“He was struck by lightning,” she whispered.  “But he survived?” Caitlin turned to Joe and Dr. Wells, who ceased their fighting.

“Oh good Dr. Snow you're here.” Dr. Wells said. “Allow me to introduce you Joe this is-”

“Yeah I know who she is.” Joe snapped.

“You two know each other.” Dr. Wells questioned.

“Yeah, Caitlin is friends with my son Barry.” Joe said his eyes not leaving Caitlin once.

“Dr. Wells, why did you call me?” Caitlin asked.

“You need to convince Joe to let us take Mr. Allen here to star labs.” Dr. Wells said.

“Joe-” Caitlin starred.

“Caitlin, it's not gonna work I'm not letting you guys take Barry.” Joe said, Caitlin took a deep breath.

“Joe, tonight I lost someone I love, I lost Ronnie. Barry is very lucky to be alive please let Dr. Wells try to figure out what's wrong with him.” Caitlin could feel herself tearing up. “And just so you know I care about Barry too, he happens to be the only my person left in my personal life. I want him to survive as well so please let Dr. Wells try, please.” Caitlin wiped tears off her face as she pleaded with Joe.

“Okay fine.” Joe said. Caitlin felt slightly better after that she left the hospital quickly and got into her car. She decided to go back to Barry's house for the night.

When she arrived she carried Piper and Brea inside and placed them in their beds, before grabbing a blanket and lying down on the couch. After a few minutes of thinking Caitlin fell asleep.