1.

I stuffed a fry in mouth as I gave Shawn and his girlfriend the evil eye. I hated the way they pretended to be the perfect couple in school but out of school it was a completely different story. I sighed as I threw the rest of my food out.

Shawn and Janine were the ideal couple and everybody wanted a relationship like theirs. I laughed to myself as I walked out of the cafeteria knowing what was really happening behind closed doors. I was happy this was my senior year. I can't believe I actually went through my 4 years of high school without any friends.

It wasn't like I was ugly or anything I guess I was just weird to people but I didn't see how. I was just very focused with all my work and I didn't give anyone the time of day so to them I was a weirdo.

"Watch where the fuck you going bitch." This girl Melissa snapped at me.

"I didn't even touch you." I retorted.

"Just the sight of you breathing the same air I do is like you touching me."

"Well get used to it." I spat as I brushed past her making my way to my locker. I pulled my naturally curly hair behind my ear as I grabbed my bag closing the locker only to see the schools sexiest hoe, Derrick.

"Wassup sexy." He said leaning against Shawn's locker.

"My name is Ravaughn not sexy, what do you want Derrick?" I said as looked at my watch on my wrist.

"When are you going to let me take you out?" He smiled showing his dimples.

"Uh never." I said in a duh tone.

"You know you want all of this, it's only a matter of time before you come begging for the d." He said confidently. I sucked my teeth as Shawn approached us. I rolled my eyes as Derrick turned to him give him a pound. I turned around making my way out the school doors.

My sister Ashanti waved as I walked outside. Her picking me up from school was very rare. She was a doctor and her shifts were crazy so I had the condo to myself most of the time. My parents died in a drive by 4 years ago. They was just another black couple that was at the wrong place at the wrong time. My parents didn't get the justice they deserved. Ashanti was the only person I had left my other family members cut us off once they found out our wealthy parents were deceased.

"Hi." I said dryly as I slammed the door.

"How was school?" She said looking at me.

"Regular nothing extraordinary." I said looking out the window as Janine and Shawn came out of the school hand and hand walking to his car.

"Well I'm dropping you off and going to work here's money." She said handing me $50. I thanked her as I put the money in my pocket as I stared out the window.

"Can we go visit mom and dad tomorrow?" I said never moving my eyes from the window.

"Of course." I could tell she was smiling. I nodded my head as I saw hobos standing around a fired garbage can trying to cool themselves off. The things that happened in NOLA made me want to graduate faster then my mother had me in labor. Thank god it was May, only one more month and I was out of here with or without Ashanti.

"Have a goodnight be safe." I said kissing her cheek.

"Love you be safe as well." She kissed my head.

"Love you to." I said getting out the car. I swung my bag on my shoulder as my keys jiggled while I walked up to the lobby door. I put the key in and closed the door behind me.

"Hi Ra." My neighbor/somewhat friend said to me.

"Hey Eva." I said as I waited for the elevator to come.

"What you doing tomorrow?"She smiled as she walked over looking at her mail.

"Going to see my parents."

"That's sweet." She said as we both walked on the elevator.

"Yeah I haven't visited them in 2 years I've just been caught up with school."

"Of course they see and they understand, don't worry their proud of you." The elevator came to a halt as we walked off.

"I know, goodnight Hun." I said as I unlocked my door with the code.

"Night." I dropped my bag as I went upstairs to my room. I stripped out of my jumper and pulled my Pink booty shorts on with the matching tank top. Another reason I didn't wear tight or very nice clothes was because my body would be getting attention that I didn't want and didn't need. I heard the doorbell ring as I sprayed spritz in my hair. I jogged down the stairs as I swung the door open.

"Now she's mad because I didn't get her the diamond necklace she forever begged for." Shawn sighed as he walked over to my couch which was what I call his "Venting couch" every time he came or slept over. Shawn was my best friend since Freshman year but because of my reputation he didn't talk to me. He wanted to keep his reputation on good terms and the only reason I stood by his side was because he was like my brother and outside of school we had the best relationship ever.

"Why didn't you get it though you know how spoiled she is, you made her this way." I said with crossed arms.

"The way my account is set up at this moment... it won't work." He sighed looked at me with those beautiful hazel eyes that captured my heart the first time we met. I wished he realized I was all he needed and more but I was never ever going to confess how I really felt for him.

"Do you want your favorite tonight?" I said referring to spaghetti with sausages and garlic bread.

"Yes a big pan baby." He said as I flicked the light on knowing this was going be another long night. Him calling me baby didn't affect me those little nicknames I was accustomed to.