Zelda fell to the ground harshly, her eyes widening. "Link!"

It was too late for Link to dodge. He took the hit of many lasers, having him fall to the ground. He thought he would've been dead by that attack, but he still had just a little bit of strength left.

Struggling to his feet, Link used the Master Sword to support himself standing while breathing hard.

Zelda got up from the ground, rushing towards Link. She looked at Link with worry, her voice starting to crack. "Link, save yourself! Go! I'll be fine! Don't worry about me! Run!"

Link, who was still breathing hard, managed to stand on his feet. "Like hell I would do something like that! I'm not leaving you behind!"

"Link, please!" Zelda grunted and paused. There was a guardian trying to locate them. The guardian looked like it had spotted them, making its way over towards them. Extending its robotic arms, it was focusing its target on Link. "NO!"

Zelda managed to push Link out of the way while holding out her hand. The ancient symbol, the Triforce, appeared on the back of her hand. A sudden golden glow enveloped her hand as it was gradually growing, bathing the entire area in an instant.

The golden light disappeared the next minute, making each guardian fall down one by one.

Zelda stared at her hand in awe. "Was that... The power..?" She heard Link fall behind her, making her turn around and gasp. "Link!" She rushed over to him, kneeling down to him. She lifted his upper body up, her eyes wavered at the sight of her lover covered in injuries. "No... No, please..! Please get up, Link!"

Link started to cough, feeling his entire body throbbing in pain. "I'm alright, Zelda..."

Zelda softly smiled while nodding. "Yes... You're going to be just fine..."

"Zelda..." Link managed to say. "Did I ever tell you... How much you mean to me..?" He began coughing again, having Zelda hold onto him tightly so he wouldn't fall.

Zelda's eyes wavered at Link's words. "You expressed yourself well enough to me earlier. You mean so much to me as well, Link..."

Link gave her a weak smile. "Good... That's all I ever wanted... I've always wanted you... To know that..." His body was becoming limp in Zelda's arms, his eyes closing. He was no longer moving.

Zelda gasped, tears wielding up in her eyes. "Link..? Link!" Link wasn't answering, making her feel devastated over the loss of her lover. "Don't leave me, Link..! I beg of you..!"

Zelda was crying uncontrollably, staring at the face of her lover. She went close to his face, kissing him, hoping it would miraculously revive him. Breaking the kiss, Link still wasn't waking up.

Zelda sobbed onto Link's chest, rain continued to pour on them. She felt like all hope was lost, all her friends and her lover died, blaming herself for it.

The Master Sword began to glow, having Zelda looked up to it as if she could hear the sword's voice. Zelda was wiping her tears away, listening to the sword's voice. "He can still be saved..?"

"Princess!" The sudden voice made her look up. She saw a Sheikah warrior and a samurai heading her way, gradually stopping in front of her while kneeling down.

"Princess! Are you alright?" The Sheikah warrior asked.

In all honesty, Zelda wasn't alright at all. She was pained, hurt, frustrated, angry. But her feelings weren't important at the moment.

Looking at the two with a mixture of worry and seriousness, she gave them an order they will never forget. "Take Link to the Shrine Of Resurrection."

"But, Princess..." The samurai said.

Zelda's gaze went towards Link, her eyes wavering. "If we don't get him there immediately, we are going to lose him forever!" A moment of weakness appeared on her face as it turned serious a second later, facing the two once more. "Is that clear?!" The Sheikah warrior and samurai bowed their heads, obeying the princess's direct order. "Be haste and go! His life is now in your hands!"

The rain still poured hard. The Sheikah warrior and samurai were rushing Link out of the area, heading towards the Shrine of Resurrection. Zelda was watching the two take Link to a safe place, placing a hand over her heart. She saw the Master Sword on the ground. Picking it up, Zelda pondered on what to do next.

Zelda faced the castle, seeing that Calamity Ganon's power was surrounding the castle. She had temporarily destroyed his physical form, knowing she didn't have much time until he would be reformed once more. Holding the Master Sword in her hand, Zelda fled the area.